Applies from Sat 9 Apr 2022, 1.03pm. Last reviewed: Thu 5 Oct 2023, 9.19am.
Closed areas: Parts of Blue Mountains National Park closed
Many walking tracks, roads and fire trails within Blue Mountains National Park remain closed following sustained wet weather causing subsidence hazards, major landslides or infrastructure upgrades.
The following areas are closed:
Katoomba and Leura
- Underfalls track (sidetrack off Furber Steps) closed for maintenance.
- Honeymoon Bridge is closed due to rockfall risk.
- Honeymoon Point lookout is closed due to upgrade works.
- Lone Lyrebird track is closed between Gordon Road and the War Memorial, due to subsidence. Detour is in place.
- Leura Cascades/Fern Bower circuit has a minor detour due to a landslide on Prince Henry Cliff walk. You must return via Leura Cascades track.
- Prince Henry Cliff walk is closed between Gordon Falls picnic area and Elysian Rock lookout, due to a landslide. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Prince Henry Cliff walk is closed between Olympian Rock lookout and Tarpeian Rock track, due to a landslide. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Leura Cascades picnic area is closed to vehicles. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Glenraphael Drive is closed due to major subsidence. Narrow Neck, Ruined Castle and Golden Stairs are accessible to pedestrians and cyclists from Narrow Neck lookout on Cliff Drive.
- Part of Lindeman Pass is closed due to a major landslide below Gladstone lookout. Roberts Pass is closed due to rockfall and landslide hazards.
Wentworth Falls and Woodford
- Wentworth Falls picnic area carpark is closed for upgrade works until mid December 2023 (weather-permitting).
- Valley of the Waters track is closed below Sylvia Falls. There is no access to Roberts Pass, Vera Falls, Hippocrene Falls or Wentworth Falls from Valley of the Waters.
- Charles Darwin walk is temporarily closed due to flood damage. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- National Pass and the Grand Stairway are closed at the top crossing from Monday 18 to Friday 22 September, from Monday 9 October to Friday 13 October and from Monday 16 October to Friday 20 October 2023 due to track repairs. There will be no access to the middle crossing. Please note that part of National Pass (west of Wentworth Falls) was closed in 2017 due to major landslide.
- Wentworth Pass is closed due to landslide.
- Ingar Road is closed where it traverses private property at the western end. You can walk in to Ingar campground via Andersons or Bedford Roads.
Blackheath, Mount Victoria and Bells Line of Road
- Govetts Creek access routes including Horse track and Rodriguez Pass (Bridal Veil Falls) are closed due to rockfalls and landslides. Entry is not permitted due to serious risk of injury or death. Entry is not permitted into the Grose Valley from Govetts Leap, Evans lookout, Grand Canyon track, or south of Acacia Flat.
- Govetts Leap lookout car park will be closed for repair from Monday 16 October to Friday 20 October (weather permitting). The lookout, tracks and toilets will remain open.
- Perrys Lookdown campground is closed.
- Perrys Lookdown access road and picnic area will be closed for upgrades from Monday 9 October until Wednesday 20 December 2023, and from Monday 5 February to Friday 23 February 2024.
- Anvil Rock access road and day use area will be closed for upgrades from Tuesday 3 October to Wednesday 20 December 2023 and from Monday 5 February to Friday 23 February 2024.
- Pulpit Rock Reserve, lookouts and walking track are closed. There is no walking track access past Cripps lookout. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for further information.
Canyons and rock climbing
Climbing and canyoning areas in the Blue Mountains are open unless the access road is closed, or the site is listed in this alert.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, please contact the local office.
Affects 24 locations in this park: