Copyright and disclaimer
Use this page to learn about Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE) copyright and disclaimer standards. © State of New South Wales and Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (unless indicated otherwise).
Read more about Copyright and disclaimer
The New South Wales Government, operating through DPIE supports and encourages the dissemination and exchange of publicly funded information, and endorses use of the Australian Governments Open Access and Licensing Framework (AusGOAL).
Subject to the exceptions listed below, the material available on this website is owned by DPIE and is protected by Crown Copyright. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0). The legal code for the licence is available at Creative Commons.
DPIE asserts the right to be attributed as author of the original material in the following manner:
© State of New South Wales and Department of Planning, Industry and Environment [Year of publication]
The Creative Commons licence does not apply to:
- the Government Coat of Arms, New South Wales Government logo, or any other government-owned trademarks, logos and brands,
- trade marks,
- intellectual property (including copyright) owned by third parties including photographs, illustrations, artwork, oral recordings and maps,
- personal information (e.g. photographs of people released for use in DPIE publishing and social media only),
- other materials specifically not provided under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence.
No circumvention of terms
You must check and comply with the licensing information for each piece of material that you wish to use. This may require you to contact us or the third party copyright owner for permission to use the material. You may also use any material in accordance with rights you may have under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), for example under the fair dealing provisions or statutory licences.
Use of material in a way not permitted by this copyright notice may be an infringement of copyright. Infringing copyright may expose you to legal action by, and liability to, the copyright owner.
Wherever a third party holds copyright in material presented on this website, the copyright remains with that party. Their permission may be required to use the material and you should contact that party directly. We have made all reasonable efforts to:
- clearly label material where the copyright is owned by a third party, and
- ensure that the copyright owner has consented to the material being presented on this website.
Images and other material supplied via our image library must be used according to the terms and conditions specified.
Use of brands
As use of DPIE-owned trademarks, logos and brands often implies endorsement, these cannot be used without the express permission of the organisation. To request permission, please contact Manager, Content, Brand and Design.
Social media channels
- you may use all material posted by us on these channels under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Australia licence, and
- material posted by any person other than DPIE, such as public users of our social media channels, is deemed to be made available to you by that person under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence as a condition of use of that channel.
For enquiries about reproduction, rights or re-use of information in our products and services, please complete the feedback form or apply in writing to the Manager, Brand, Content and Design. Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate business area.
Databases (as distinct from data itself) and source code that are available via our websites are copyright to DPIE, and cannot be used without express permission of this organisation, or copyright owner where this is not DPIE. Unless noted otherwise, data provided via this website is available for use under the same copyright provisions for online content outlined above.
Quality of information
We endeavour to make sure that information provided on this website is correct at the time of its publication. However, as necessary you should obtain independent advice before making any decision based on the information on this site. The information on this site is made available on the understanding that the State of NSW and we accept no responsibility for any damage, cost, loss or expense incurred by you as a result of:
- any error, omission or misrepresentation on this site,
- any malfunction or failure to function of this site,
- without limiting the above, any delay, failure or error in recording, displaying or updating information, including but not limited to, data relating to credit holdings.
Where there are known limitations to the information provided online, we will include an explanation of these limitations wherever possible. If there is any material that you consider to be misleading or inaccurate, please let us know and it will be corrected as soon as possible. If you require an urgent response you can contact the National Parks Contact Centre.
This website contains links to other websites (linked sites). These links have been included on the NSW National Parks (NPWS) site with the intention of increasing the information available to you. If you use these links, you may leave this website. We have no control over linked sites, and as a result:
- we cannot accept responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you might incur if you rely on information which appears on linked sites,
- we are not responsible for the views, opinions, standards or information expressed on linked sites. The provision of a link does not imply that we endorse those sites or the people or companies who own them, and vice versa.
Visiting a park or reserve
If you are intending to visit or gain access to any of the parks, reserves and other areas referred to on this website or in online newsletters, please contact the National Parks Contact Centre or the relevant NPWS office to obtain updated information. You should not rely solely on the information provided online. If there is any material on our website or in online newsletters that you consider to be misleading or inaccurate, please let us know and we will correct it as soon as possible.
Images of people now deceased
We are aware that many Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders are offended by the depiction of deceased members of their communities. While we have made every effort to ensure that only pictures of Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders still living are used on this site, visitors to the site are warned that it may contain images of people now deceased. Please let us know if you know of the death of any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person depicted on this site.
The materials presented on this website/publication are distributed as an information source only. The information and data on this site is subject to change without notice.
The New South Wales Government is currently investigating alternative electronic ways to make information available. In cases where we are unable to provide documents in an accessible electronic format, we can offer a hard copy version free of charge to those members of the public who are unable to read this.
The State of New South Wales makes no statements, representations, or warranties about the accuracy or completeness of, and you should not rely on, any information contained in this website/publication.
DPIE and the State of New South Wales disclaim all responsibility and all liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs you might incur as a result of the information on this website/publication being inaccurate or incomplete in any way, and for any reason.
Despite our best efforts, DPIE and the State of New South Wales make no warranties that the information in this publication is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.