New and upgraded infrastructure
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) has an annual works program that ensures we provide safe and accessible infrastructure for all. We're upgrading walking tracks, lookouts, picnic areas and other facilities in many of our popular parks to provide nature-based experiences that everyone can enjoy.
Read more about New and upgraded infrastructure
Our carefully planned and managed visitor infrastructure program is designed to:
- deliver resilient and durable walking tracks and mountain bike trails
- provide accessible and user-friendly visitor facilities
- protect environmentally sensitive areas
- guide visitors through landscapes safely and sustainably
- provide infrastructure to meet future population growth and withstand severe weather events.
We are also creating new nature-based experiences in some of the most breathtaking landscapes across NSW to further support community wellbeing, social cohesion and enjoyment of nature.
Through these initiatives you'll be able to experience nature and enjoy our national parks regardless of your age or ability.
Read more about the network of NSW Great Walks being designed for varying levels of fitness and experience. With a range of distances, grades and accommodation options, we aim to cater for as many walkers as possible.
We're working hard to minimise disruption as we deliver these exceptional experiences for you. Check park alerts for more information before your visit.