Terms and Conditions of Use
Access to and use of the New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Service website (this website) and any interactive services offered on this website is granted by the Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH), Department of Planning and Environment, subject to the following terms and conditions.
The NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) is part of OEH. Where references in this document is made to “we”, “us” or “our”, then that is a reference to OEH.
Use of this website
You agree to use this website solely for your own personal, non-commercial use and not to use this website for an activity which could be deemed to be defamatory or abusive, in the furtherance of any threatening behaviour or for the purpose of distributing harmful material (including any material that is obscene, indecent, unlawful, defamatory, libellous or racist).
Use of this site by children should be supervised by an adult.
If you use electronic services offered on this website, you should understand that:
- While we use our best endeavours to ensure the availability of these services, they cannot be guaranteed.
- It is your responsibility to use other means to exercise your statutory responsibilities (such as your responsibility to make a payment) or obtain information if for any reason you are unable to use an electronic service.
- If you use alternative means to exercise your statutory responsibilities due to the unavailability of an electronic service, it is your responsibility to do so within the statutory timeframe.
User participation in interactive services hosted or facilitated by this website
If you participate in or contribute to interactive services hosted or facilitated by this website you should understand that:
- Children's contributions should be supervised by an adult.
- OEH does not endorse the views or material contained in user’s contributions.
- You may be held legally responsible for the content you submit to the interactive services offered on this website.
- All material published on OEH’s interactive services is at OEH’s sole discretion.
- Any contribution made by you may be edited, modified and/or removed at the discretion of OEH. For example, OEH may remove your contribution if OEH considers it to defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or that it violates laws regarding harassment, discrimination, racial vilification, privacy or contempt.
- OEH reserves the right to use contributions for internal training purposes.
The search engines provided on this website are to assist internet users to locate resources more quickly. However OEH takes no responsibility for the accuracy, currency, reliability or correctness of search results, and does not warrant or represent that the search engines are free from errors or omission, or that they are exhaustive.
OEH provides no warranty that this website will be free of infections by viruses or any other manifesting, contaminating or destructive properties.
We recommend that you ensure current anti-virus software is operating on your computer at all times when using this website.
Contributions made to interactive services hosted or facilitated by this website will not be treated as complaints.
Comments and suggestions about the content and management of this website and particular interactive services offered on this website can be made by completing a feedback form.
Copyright and disclaimer
For information about OEH copyright and disclaimer standards please read our copyright page.