Applies from Sat 9 Apr 2022, 1.03pm. Last reviewed: Mon 30 Jan 2023, 2.47pm
Closed areas: Parts of Blue Mountains National Park closed
Many walking tracks, roads and fire trails within Blue Mountains National Park remain closed following sustained wet weather causing subsidence hazards, major landslides or infrastructure upgrades.
The following areas are closed:
Katoomba and Leura
- Honeymoon Bridge is closed due to rockfall risk.
- Honeymoon lookout is closed from Thursday 19 January 2023 due to upgrade works.
- Fern Bower, Leura Forest and Dardanelles Pass are closed for a helicopter operation from Tuesday 31 January to Friday 3 February.
- Prince Henry Cliff walk between Tallawalla lookout and Solitary Restaurant is closed for a helicopter operation from Tuesday 31 January to Friday 3 February.
- Federal Pass between Leura Forest and Dardanelles Pass junction below the Three Sisters is closed due to track maintenance.
- Lone Lyrebird track is closed between Gordon Road and the War Memorial, due to subsidence. Detour is in place.
- Lyrebird Dell walking track is closed due to track maintenance.
- Prince Henry Cliff walk is closed between Gordon Falls lookout and Olympian lookout, due to landslides. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Lady Darley track is closed due to track maintenance.
- Glenraphael Drive is closed due to major subsidence. Narrow Neck, Ruined Castle and Golden Stairs are accessible to pedestrians and cyclists from Narrow Neck lookout on Cliff Drive.
- Mount Solitary Route and Ruined Castle campground are closed due to subsidence.
- Part of Lindeman Pass is closed due to a major landslide below Gladstone lookout.
- Valley of the Waters track is closed below Sylvia Falls. There is no access to Roberts Pass, Vera Falls, Hippocrene Falls or Wentworth Falls from Valley of the Waters.
- Queen Victoria and Empress lookouts are closed from Monday 30 January for upgrades.
- Charles Darwin walk is closed where it traverses council-managed land due to upgrades. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- National Pass is closed due to landslide.
- Wentworth Pass is closed due to landslide.
- Ingar Road is closed where it traverses private property at the western end. Ingar campers must walk in via Andersons or Bedford Roads.
Blackheath, Mount Victoria and Bells Line of Road
- Govetts Leap lookout and picnic area are closed for major upgrade work (opening March 2023).
- Govetts Creek access routes are closed including Horse track, Govetts Leap Descent and Rodriguez Pass (Bridal Veil Falls) due to landslides.
- Pulpit walking track is open to Cripps lookout. Track remains closed to Pulpit Rock lookout (Govetts Leap to Cripps lookout is open). Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for further information.
- No vehicle access to Perry's Lookdown Day Use Area until 6pm on Friday 3rd February 2023 to allow for helicopter operations. Parking available along Hat Hill Road.
- No walking access to Perry's Lookdown Day use Area and waking track to Blue Gum Forest on Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd February 2023 to allow for helicopter operations.
- Perrys Lookdown campground is closed.
Woodford, Lawson, Springwood
- Empire Pass is closed for track maintenance.
- Lawson Ridge Fire Trail is closed to all vehicles including pedestrians from Monday 30th January until Friday10th February 2023 to allow for road repairs.
Canyons and rock climbing
- Climbing and canyoning areas in the Blue Mountains are open unless the access road is closed or the site is listed in this alert.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, please contact the local office.
Affects 1 park and 24 locations nearby.