Applies from Wed 25 Dec 2019, 8.07pm. Last reviewed: Wed 21 Apr 2021, 3.33pm.
Closed areas: Blue Mountains National Park - closed areas
The following areas of Blue Mountains National Park are closed due to bushfire or storm damage, road or track works:
Katoomba, Leura and Wentworth Falls
- Part of National Pass from Valley of Waters to Slacks Stairs, due to ongoing rockfall risk.
- Golden Stairs, due to rockfall (track repair works in progress).
- Part of Amphitheatre track from the base of Bridal Veil falls to Fern Bower, due to ongoing rockfall risk.
- Part of Prince Henry Cliff walk between Leura Cascades and Tarpeian Rock track junction is closed Tuesdays to Fridays only, until Friday 28 May 2021, due to track maintenance. There is no pedestrian access between Katoomba and Leura within the national park. Walkers accessing Leura Cascades from the east must return by the same route.
- Part of Prince Henry Cliff Walk between Merriwa Street exit and Tallawalla lookout is closed due to a major landslide and track maintenance. Walkers can exit/enter via Silver Mist picnic area. (Note: Walkers can still access Fern Bower via Solitary Restaurant).
- Prince Henry Cliff walk between Leura Cascades round walk and Leura Cascades picnic area, and between Gordon Falls lookout and Olympian lookout, due to landslides. Detours in place. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Bridal Veil View (east) track is closed for track maintenance.
- Part of Charles Darwin walk north of Weeping Rock circuit. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Murphys Glen campground and picnic area is closed to vehicles due to wet weather. Walkers and cyclists permitted.
- Ingar Road is closed where it traverses private property at the end of Queen Elizabeth Drive. Ingar campground is therefore closed to vehicles. Walkers and cyclists permitted where they do not traverse private property.
- Andersons and Bedford Creek trails are impassable to vehicles (where authorised) due to flood/tree damage. Cyclists and walkers can traverse around.
Blackheath, Medlow Bath, Mount Victoria and Bells Line
- Govetts Leap descent and Rodriguez Pass walking track, due to fire damage to infrastructure.
- Perrys Lookdown campground, due to dangerous trees.
- Walls Cave, Popes Glen and Pulpit Rock, due to fire and flood damage.
- Pierces Pass Road is closed due to flood damage. Walkers and cyclists permitted.
- Green Gully, Dunphys campground and access closed due to road damage from flooding. Walkers permitted.
Canyons and Rock climbing areas
- Pulpit Rock climbing area and all other areas that require access along closed walking tracks or roads.
- Wollangambe 1 Canyon closed due to a dangerous whirlpool. (All canyons except Wollangambe 1 are open. Visitors should exercise caution as recent flooding may have left debris or moved rocks).
If you arrive at your local national park or other public space and it is too crowded to practice social distancing, it's your responsibility to leave the area.
To check which areas are closed, click the 'Show list' button on the Blue Mountains National Park page alert.
For further information call 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS).