Applies from Wed 25 Dec 2019, 8.07pm. Last reviewed: Tue 19 Oct 2021, 2.27pm.
Closed areas: Blue Mountains National Park - closed areas
The following areas of Blue Mountains National Park are closed due to bushfire or storm damage, road or track works:
Katoomba and Leura
- Amphitheatre track from the base of Bridal Veil falls to Fern Bower, due to ongoing rockfall risk.
- Lindemans Pass is closed where it crosses Leura Falls Creek, due to track works.
- Parts of Prince Henry Cliff walk are closed:
- between the Fern Bower junction and Tallawalla lookout, due to a major landslide and track maintenance. Walkers can exit/enter via Silver Mist picnic area. Walkers can also still access Fern Bower via Solitary Restaurant
- between Kiah lookout and Amphitheatre track, due to rock stabilisation works from Tuesday 19 October to Tuesday 26 October 2021.
- between Gordon Falls lookout and Olympian lookout, due to landslides. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Six Foot track is closed where managed by Crown Lands due to COVID-19. NPWS-managed sections are open.
- Part of National Pass from Valley of Waters to Slacks Stairs, due to ongoing rockfall risk.
- Charles Darwin walk north of Weeping Rock circuit. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Ingar Road is closed where it traverses private property at the end of Queen Elizabeth Drive. Ingar campground is therefore closed to vehicles. Walkers and cyclists are permitted where they do not traverse private property.
Blackheath, Medlow Bath, Megalong Valley, Mount Victoria and Bells Line
- Govetts Leap descent and Rodriguez Pass walking track, due to fire damage to infrastructure and landslides after storms.
- Perrys lookdown campground, due to dangerous trees.
- Walls Cave, Popes Glen and Pulpit Rock tracks are closed due to fire and flood damage and associated repairs.
- Pierces Pass Road is closed until Friday 26 November 2021 to all traffic, including walkers and cyclists, for road repairs.
- Parts of the walking track next to Evans Lookout Road are closed from Tuesday 19 October to Saturday 30 October 2021, due to repair works.
Woodford, Hazelbrook, Lawson, Bullaburra
- From Monday 20 September to Friday 5th November (Monday to Friday), there's no public access to Woodford State Conservation Area via Windbourne Road (L6) and Clearview Parade.
Canyons and rock climbing areas
- Pulpit Rock climbing area and all other areas that require access along closed walking tracks or roads.
Note: All canyons are open. Visitors should exercise caution, as recent flooding may have left debris or moved rocks.
If you arrive at your local national park or other public space and it's too crowded to practice social distancing, it's your responsibility to leave the area.
To check which areas are closed, click the 'Show list' button on the Blue Mountains National Park page alert.
For further information call 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS).