Applies from Tue 3 Dec 2019, 1.52pm to Fri 20 Dec 2019, 1.35pm. Last reviewed: Mon 16 Dec 2019, 12.26pm.
Closed areas: Multiple areas in Blue Mountains National Park closed due to fire conditions
Multiple tracks and areas of Blue Mountains National Park are closed from Tuesday 3 December 2019 until further notice due to dangerous fire conditions. The closed areas include:
- Grose Valley, all cliff top walks and lookouts, including Pulpit Rock, Fairfax track, Govetts lookout, Evans lookout, Walls Cave and Grand Canyon track
- Valley of the Waters track from the bottom of Empress Falls
- Empress Canyon
- Mount Solitary, Ruined Castle track, Narrow Neck, Glenraphael Drive and some southern Katoomba and Leura tracks
- Mount Hay, Point Pilcher, Perrys (Hat Hill), Victoria Falls, Mount Banks, Pierces Pass, McMahons lookout and Bedford roads
- Burramoko, Kedumba Valley and Mount Banks trails
- Dunphys, Perrys, Ingar and Murphys and remote campgrounds
- Glenbrook precinct, including Nepean fire trail and lookout, Red Hands Cave fire trail and track, Jack Evans track and the Oaks fire trail
- Six Foot track
- All remote walking tracks, canyons and rock climbs descending below cliffs out of Mount Wilson, Bell, Green Gully, south of Katoomba to Woodford and into the Grose Valley.
Jelly Bean Pool, Euroka campground and Mount Portal lookout are open.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the local NPWS office.