Rodriguez Pass walking track
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Rodriguez Pass walking track.
Features of this track
4 - 7hrs
Quality of markings
Very steep and difficult
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Rodriguez Pass walking track is in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Drive west on Great Western Highway to Blackheath.
- Turn right on to Govetts Leap Road and drive 3km, until you reach the end of the road.
- The walk starts to the left of Govetts Leap lookout.
- You can also drive to Evans lookout, at the end of Evans Lookout Road, if you plan to walk in the opposite direction.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Govetts Leap lookout or Evans lookout. Bus parking is available.
- Toilets, picnic facilities and parking are available at Govetts Leap lookout and Evans lookout.
- You’ll need to bring plenty of water and snacks for this strenuous hike. Drinking water is not available in this park, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- Water from creeks and rivers in Blue Mountains National Park is not suitable for drinking.
- There are no bins along the walking track, so please take all rubbish with you when you leave.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Camping is permitted at designated campgrounds only. The walk-in Acacia Flat campground is a sign posted 3km walk from Junction Rock.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
You'll need to bring a gas or liquid fuel stove if you plan to camp at Acacia Flat campground, as wood and other solid fuel fires are not permitted.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.