Applies from Wed 25 Dec 2019, 8.07pm. Last reviewed: Fri 26 Feb 2021, 9.37am.
Closed areas: Blue Mountains National Park - closed areas
The following areas of Blue Mountains National Park are closed due to bushfire, track works and/or flood damage:
Katoomba, Leura and Wentworth Falls
- National Pass from Valley of Waters to Slacks Stairs, due to ongoing rockfall risk.
- Golden Stairs, due to rockfall (track repair works in progress).
- Part of Amphitheatre track from the base of Bridal Veil falls to Fern Bower, due to ongoing rockfall risk.
- Prince Henry Cliff walk between Millamurra lookout and Tarpeian Rock track from Thursday 25 February to Friday 26 February 2021. The closure is due to a helicopter lifting in materials for track maintenance.
- Dardanelles Pass from Thursday 25 February to Friday 26 February 2021 (as above).
- Prince Henry Cliff walk between Leura Cascades round walk and Leura Cascades picnic area, and between Gordon Falls lookout and Olympian lookout, due to landslides. Detours in place. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Bridal Veil View (east) track is closed for track maintenance.
- Part of Charles Darwin walk north of Weeping Rock circuit. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Ingar campground can only be accessed via Andersons or Bedford Creek trails on foot, not via Ingar Road.
Blackheath, Medlow Bath, Mount Victoria and Bells Line
- Govetts Leap descent and Rodriguez Pass walking track, due to fire damage.
- Perrys lookdown campground, due to dangerous trees.
- Walls Cave, Popes Glen and Pulpit Rock, due to fire and flood damage.
- Wollangambe One Canyon, due to a dangerous whirlpool.
Rock climbing areas
- Pulpit Rock and all areas that require access along closed walking tracks.
If you arrive at your local national park or other public space and it is too crowded to practice social distancing, it's your responsibility to leave the area.
To check which areas are closed, click the 'Show list' button on the Blue Mountains National Park page alert.
For further information call 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS).