Applies from Sun 1 Oct 2023, 7.58am to Sun 31 Mar 2024, 8.14am. Last reviewed: Wed 15 Nov 2023, 12.16pm.
Fire bans: Park fire ban
A park fire ban is in place in this park and remains in effect unless otherwise extended or removed.
The following campgrounds are exempt:
- Galong Cabins, Burralow Creek and Euroka campgrounds in Blue Mountains National Park
- Coorongooba, Ganguddy-Dunns Swamp, Newnes, Wheeny Creek and Colo Meroo campgrounds in Wollemi National Park.
During park fire ban periods, all campfire and solid fuel (wood, heat beads, charcoal, briquettes, hexamine) barbecues and stoves are prohibited. Gas and electric barbecues and cookers are permitted as long as:
- They're under direct control of an adult
- The ground within 2m of the barbecue is cleared of all flammable materials
- There's an adequate supply of water (minimum of a bucket)
If a Total Fire Ban is in place, different rules apply. Contact the local park office before bringing a gas or electric barbecue or cooker.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information about fire bans in parks and reserves including your responsibilities, visit the NSW National Parks fire safety page.