Applies from Fri 10 May 2019, 1.26pm to Fri 31 May 2019, 5.00pm. Last reviewed: Fri 10 May 2019, 3.31pm.
Closed areas: Areas closed for aerial pest control operation
Some parts of Jenolan Karst Conservation Reserve, Kanangra-Boyd National Park and southern Blue Mountains National Park will be closed from 7am Monday 27 May to 5pm Friday 31 May 2019. This is due to a routine aerial pest control operation involving shooting.
All remote bushwalking routes will be closed, including Kanangra to Katoomba, and Katoomba to Mittagong.
In Jenolan Karst Conservation Reserve:
- Most of the reserve will be closed
- Jenolan Caves main visitor area and Six Foot Track corridor will be open
In Kanangara-Boyd National Park:
- Most of the park will be closed
- Six Foot Track corridor will be open
- Kanangra Walls Road, Boyd River campground, Dingo Dell campground and Kanangra Walls lookout will be open
- Kanangra Tops will be open. This includes Kalang Falls, Kanangra main and Danae Brook canyons and Kowmung River fire trail
In Blue Mountains National Park:
- The southern part of the park, next to Kanangra-Boyd National Park, will be closed. This is the section bounded by Murruin Creek catchment and Bullningang-Millnigang ridges in the south
- The section of the park south of Wild Dog Mountains will be closed
- All sections of Kedumba River south of Kedumba Crossing will be closed
- Oberon-Colong stock route, Mount Werong campground and Yerranderie Regional Park will be open
This operation is targeting pigs, goats and deer to protect catchment and World Heritage Area values. This closure is dependent on weather and may be extended if necessary.