Applies from Wed 25 Dec 2019, 8.07pm. Last reviewed: Fri 30 Jul 2021, 5.19pm
Closed areas: Blue Mountains National Park - closed areas
The following areas of Blue Mountains National Park are closed due to bushfire or storm damage, road or track works:
Katoomba, Leura and Wentworth Falls
- Part of National Pass from Valley of Waters to Slacks Stairs, due to ongoing rockfall risk.
- Amphitheatre track from the base of Bridal Veil falls to Fern Bower, due to ongoing rockfall risk.
- Lindemans Pass is closed where it crosses Leura Falls Creek, due to track works.
- Part of Prince Henry Cliff walk between Leura Cascades and the Bridal Veil View East lookout track junction is closed Mondays to Fridays only, for track maintenance. There is no pedestrian access between Katoomba and Leura within the national park. Walkers accessing Leura Cascades from the east must return by the same route.
- Part of Prince Henry Cliff walk between the Fern Bower junction and Tallawalla lookout is closed due to a major landslide and track maintenance. Walkers can exit/enter via Silver Mist picnic area. (Note: Walkers can still access Fern Bower via Solitary Restaurant.)
- Prince Henry Cliff walk between Gordon Falls lookout and Olympian lookout, due to landslides. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Charles Darwin walk north of Weeping Rock circuit. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Murphys Glen (campground and picnic area), Bedford Road and Bedford Creek trail are closed for road surface upgrades. They're expected to open Friday 30 July 2021, weather depending.
- Andersons fire trail is closed to all traffic, cyclists and walkers from Kings Tableland Road to Bedford Creek from Monday 12 July 2021 to Monday 16 August 2021 August for trail repair works.
- Ingar Road is closed where it traverses private property at the end of Queen Elizabeth Drive. Ingar campground is therefore closed to vehicles. Walkers and cyclists permitted where they do not traverse private property.
- Six Foot track is closed where managed by Crown Lands due to COVID-19. NPWS-managed sections are open.
Blackheath, Medlow Bath, Megalong Valley, Mount Victoria and Bells Line
- Govetts Leap descent and Rodriguez Pass walking track, due to fire damage to infrastructure and landslides after storms.
- Perrys Lookdown campground, due to dangerous tree.
- Walls Cave, Popes Glen and Pulpit Rock tracks are closed due to fire and flood damage and associated repairs.
- Pierces Pass Road is closed due to storm damage. Walkers and cyclists permitted.
- Hat Hill Road (access to Perry's Lookdown and Anvil Rock) closed to vehicles from Monday 2 August until and including Thursday 5 August 2021 due to road works.
- Grand Canyon walking track closed from Monday 2 August until and including Friday 6 August 20201 to undertake emergency safety works.
Canyons and rock climbing areas
- Pulpit Rock climbing area and all other areas that require access along closed walking tracks or roads.
- Wollangambe 1 Canyon closed due to a dangerous whirlpool.
Note: All canyons except Wollangambe 1 are open. Visitors should exercise caution, as recent flooding may have left debris or moved rocks.
If you arrive at your local national park or other public space and it is too crowded to practice social distancing, it's your responsibility to leave the area.
To check which areas are closed, click the 'Show list' button on the Blue Mountains National Park page alert.
For further information call 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS).
Affects 1 park and 23 locations nearby.