Burramoko Ridge (Hanging Rock) trail
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Burramoko Ridge (Hanging Rock) trail.
Getting there and parking
Burramoko Ridge (Hanging Rock) trail is in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Take the train to Blackheath, or drive along Great Western Highway to Blackheath
- Turn onto Ridgewell Road about 1km west of Blackheath
- Follow Ridgewell Road to the locked gate that marks the beginning of the Burramoko Ridge (Hanging Rock) fire trail.
Parking is available near the locked gate on Ridgewell Road. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
The nearest toilet facilities are located off-park in Blackheath at Memorial Park, corner of Hat Hill Road and Great Western Highway.
Maps and downloads
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- End of Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.