Applies from Thu 16 Mar 2023, 11.08am. Last reviewed: Thu 23 Mar 2023, 4.13pm
Fires - Advice: Craigs Rd, Curraweela
There is a fire in this park called Craigs Rd, Curraweela. Refer to the Rural Fire Service for latest information.
Do not enter any closed area or area with fire. If you see an unattended fire call Triple Zero (000). Penalties apply for non-compliance.
For more information about fire safety in parks and reserves, visit the NSW National Parks fire safety page for park safety guidelines.
Applies from Sat 9 Apr 2022, 1.03pm. Last reviewed: Mon 20 Mar 2023, 1.47pm
Closed areas: Parts of Blue Mountains National Park closed
Many walking tracks, roads and fire trails within Blue Mountains National Park remain closed following sustained wet weather causing subsidence hazards, major landslides or infrastructure upgrades.
The following areas are closed:
Katoomba and Leura
- Honeymoon Bridge is closed due to rockfall risk.
- Honeymoon Point lookout is closed due to upgrade works.
- Lila Falls track, between Fern Bower/Amphitheatre junction and Lindeman Pass junction is closed from Wednesday 15 March 2023 due to track maintenance.
- Lone Lyrebird track is closed between Gordon Road and the War Memorial, due to subsidence. Detour is in place.
- Lyrebird Dell walking track is closed due to track maintenance.
- Prince Henry Cliff walk is closed between Gordon Falls lookout and Olympian lookout, due to landslides. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Lady Darley track is closed due to track maintenance.
- Glenraphael Drive is closed due to major subsidence. Narrow Neck, Ruined Castle and Golden Stairs are accessible to pedestrians and cyclists from Narrow Neck lookout on Cliff Drive.
- Mount Solitary Route and Ruined Castle campground are closed due to subsidence.
- Tallawalla lookout is closed for upgrade works.
- Part of Lindeman Pass is closed due to a major landslide below Gladstone lookout.
- Conservation Hut is closed for renovations due to open late 2023.
- Valley of the Waters track is closed below Sylvia Falls. There is no access to Roberts Pass, Vera Falls, Hippocrene Falls or Wentworth Falls from Valley of the Waters.
- Queen Victoria and Empress lookouts are closed from Monday 30 January 2023 until further notice, for upgrade works.
- Charles Darwin walk is closed where it traverses council-managed land due to upgrades. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- National Pass is closed due to landslide.
- Wentworth Pass is closed due to landslide.
- Ingar Road is closed where it traverses private property at the western end. You can walk in to Ingar campground via Andersons or Bedford Roads.
- The track connecting Rocket Point loop to Chester and Little Switzerland trails will be closed intermittently until Friday 24 March 2023 due to track works.
- The trail connecting Jamison Creek to Chester Road will be closed intermittently until Friday 24 March 2023 due to track works.
- Kedumba Valley Road will be closed to all vehicles and pedestrians from Monday 27 March until Friday 31 March 2023 to allow for rock and tree removal. Pedestrian access to Kedumba Valley is available via the lower end of Federal Pass walking track.
Blackheath, Mount Victoria and Bells Line of Road
- Govetts Leap lookout and picnic area are closed for major upgrade work (opening April 2023).
- Govetts Creek access routes including Horse track, Govetts Leap Descent and Rodriguez Pass (Bridal Veil Falls) are closed due to landslides.
- Pulpit walking track is closed from Cripps lookout to Pulpit Rock lookout. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for further information.
- Perrys Lookdown campground is closed.
- Horse track and Rodriguez Pass are closed due to rock falls and landslides. Entry is not permitted due to serious risk of injury or death. Entry is not permitted into the Grose Valley from Govetts Leap, Evans lookout, Grand Canyon track, or South of Acacia Flat.
- The Mount Banks area including the picnic area and Summit walking track will be closed to all vehicles and pedestrians from Monday 20 March 2023 until Friday 21 April 2023 to allow for road repairs.
Woodford, Lawson, Springwood
Empire Pass is closed for track maintenance.
Canyons and rock climbing
Climbing and canyoning areas in the Blue Mountains are open unless the access road is closed or the site is listed in this alert.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, please contact the local office.
Affects 1 park and 23 locations nearby. Show list
Applies from Mon 20 Mar 2023, 12.00am to Fri 24 Mar 2023, 11.59pm. Last reviewed: Mon 20 Mar 2023, 1.37pm
Closed areas: Mount Banks area
The Mount Banks area within Blue Mountains National Park will be closed to all vehicles and pedestrians from Monday 20 March until Friday 24 April 2023, to allow for road repairs. This closure includes access to Mount Banks picnic area and Summit walking track.
For further information please call the Blue Mountains Heritage Centre on 02 4787 8877.
Affects 1 park and 2 locations nearby. Show list
Applies from Sun 19 Mar 2023, 5.00pm to Fri 24 Mar 2023, 5.00pm. Last reviewed: Mon 13 Mar 2023, 11.10am
Closed parks: Closed Park - Aerial pest control operations
The following parks are closed from 5pm Sunday 19th March 2023 to 5:30pm Friday 24th March 2023 for an aerial pest control operation.
- Kanangra-Boyd National Park (excluding the Six Foot Track)
- Jenolan Karst Conservation Area (Jenolan Caves Visitor Precinct remains open)
- Abercrombie River NP/SCA (excluding Bummaroo Ford)
- Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve
- Yerranderie State Conservation Area
- Mares Forest NP
- Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information , contact the Oberon NPWS office (02) 6336 6200.
Applies from Wed 10 Aug 2022, 4.24pm to Sun 30 Apr 2023, 4.24pm. Last reviewed: Mon 13 Mar 2023, 11.10am
Closed areas: Govetts Leap lookout
The visitor precinct at Govetts Leap lookout in Blue Mountains National Park, Blackheath is closed for upgrades until April 2023.
The carpark and lookout will be closed during construction.
Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and the toilets at Govetts Leap lookout will remain open.
Access to walking tracks will be provided to tracks that are open. Track closures are updated regularly. Check this alerts page for updates.
The upgrades are part of the NSW government infrastructure investment, and include improvements to the lookout and carpark, and construction of new accessible pathways in the area.
For more information, visit the DPE Blue Mountains Community Engagement webpage or call Blue Mountains Heritage Centre on 02 4787 8877.
Affects 1 park and 1 location nearby. Show list
Applies from Wed 1 Feb 2023, 9.40am to Thu 6 Apr 2023, 11.51am. Last reviewed: Thu 2 Mar 2023, 9.52am
Closed parks: Park closed due to flood damage
Abercrombie River National Park and State Conservation Area are closed until Thursday 6 April 2023 due to construction work on damaged river crossing and campgrounds.
Bummaroo Ford campground remains open.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. This park will reopen as soon as works are complete.