Applies from Sat 9 Apr 2022, 1.03pm. Last reviewed: Thu 6 Oct 2022, 11.26am
Closed areas: Parts of Blue Mountains National Park closed
Many walking tracks, roads and fire trails within Blue Mountains National Park remain closed following sustained wet weather causing sudsibence hazards, major landslides or infrastructure upgrades.
The following areas are closed:
Katoomba and Leura
- Mt Hay Road is closed to vehicles due to slippery conditions and to protect the road surface.
- Honeymoon Bridge is closed due to rockfall risk
- Gordon Falls track and lookout are closed due to major upgrades.
- Lone Lyrebird track is closed between Gordon Road and the War Memorial, due to major subsidence. Detour in place.
- Lillian's Bridge track is closure from Inspiration Point track to Lillians Bridge due to major upgrades.
- Prince Henry Cliff walk is closed between Gordon Falls lookout and Olympian lookout, due to landslides. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Prince Henry Cliff walk is closed between Echo Point and Cliff View lookout due to major upgrades.
- Lady Darley track is closed due to major upgrades on Prince Henry.
- Amphitheatre track is closed due to track repairs.
- Glenraphael Drive is closed due to major subsidence. Narrow Neck and Golden Stairs are accessible to pedestrians and cyclists from Narrow Neck lookout on Cliff Drive
- Ruined Castle & Mount Solitary walking routes are closed due to subsidence.
- Six Foot Track is closed from Nellies Glen to Megalong Valley.
- Linderman's Pass is closed due to a major landslide below Gladstone lookout.
- McMahons Lookout Road is closed to vehicles due to slippery conditions and to protect the road surface.
- Valley of the Waters track is closed below Sylvia Falls. There is no access to Roberts Pass, Vera Falls, Hippocrene Falls or Wentworth Falls from Valley of the Waters.
Empress Canyon is closed weekdays only from Wednesday 5 October to Thursday 27 October while repair and stabilisation work is being undertaken on Lilian's track, above the canyon.
- Charles Darwin walk is closed where it traverses Council managed land due to upgrades. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- National Pass is closed due to landslide.
- Wentworth Pass is closed due to landslide.
- Conservation Hut, carpark and Valley of Waters Picnic Area is closed due to major upgrades (opening late October). Detours in place.
- Kedumba Valley Road is closed south of intersection with Sublime Point fire trail due to subsidence.
- Kedumba River campground closed due to subsidence on the access road.
- Ingar Road is closed where it traverses private property at the west end. Ingar campers must walk in via Anderson's or Bedford Roads
Blackheath, Medlow Bath, Megalong Valley, Mount Victoria and Bells Line of Road
- Braeside, Point Pilcher, Hathill, Victoria Falls, Mt Banks and Pierces Pass Roads are closed to vehicles due to slippery conditions and to protect the road surface.
- Govetts Leap lookout and picnic area are closed for major upgrade work (opening February 2023)
- Evans lookout is closed for major upgrade work (opening late October 2022)
- Grose Valley & Govetts Gorge access routes are closed including Horse track, Rodriguez Pass (Bridal Veil Falls) and Burra Korain to Acacia Flat due to landslides.
- Braeside walking track is closed due to upgrades.
- Grose River Track is closed from Blue Gum Forest to Victoria Falls.
- Pulpit walking track and Pulpit Rock lookout are closed. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Perrys Lookdown camping area is closed.
- Acacia Flat camping area closed to Monday 10th October due to heavy rainfall
- Bedford Road and Murphy's Glen camping area are closed to vehicles due to slippery conditions and to protect road surface.
Faulconbridge, Springwood, Glenbrook
- Martins Lookout track to Glenbrook Creek is closed for walking track works until Friday 28 October 2022
Canyons and rock climbing
- Climbing and canyoning areas in the Blue Mountains are open unless the access road is closed or the site is listed in this alert
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, please contact the local office.
Affects 1 park and 50 locations nearby.