Murphys Glen campground
Glenbrook area in Blue Mountains National Park
Murphys Glen campground, near Woodford, offers walking and birdwatching. It's the perfect nature getaway if you have a 4WD and want to spend a weekend in Blue Mountains National Park.
|Number of campsites||5|
|Camping type||Tent, Camper trailer site, Camping beside my vehicle|
|Facilities||Barbecue facilities, toilets|
|What to bring||Drinking water, cooking water, firewood, fuel stove|
When it's time to swap the noise of the city for the sounds of the bush, pack up the car and head for Blue Mountains National Park. Rustic Murphys Glen campground, only a short drive from Sydney along the Woodford Station to Murphys Glen 4WD trail, is the perfect getaway for independent campers who like to escape the city for a weekend.
Pitch the tent among the tall forest of blue gums and towering turpentines that surround this campsite. There's space for family and friends at this spacious campground. When you're ready to explore, a short walking track will take you to several small pools, and another leads to Murphys lookout.
As the shadows lengthen, cook up a feast around the campfire and watch the night sky fill with stars. Enjoy the sounds of the local nightlife with possums, sugar gliders and bats making a delightful racket.
Take a virtual tour of Murphys Glen campground captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Bush Trackers was created to encourage children to engage with the environment in and around the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage area. This program highlights the natural and cultural splendour of the greater Blue Mountains through education initiatives and bushwalks.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- End of Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Glenbrook area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
- From the first Sunday in October to the first Sunday in April: park gates are open 8.30am to 7pm.
- Rest of the year: park gates are open 8.30am to 6pm.
A park entry fee of $8 per vehicle per day applies in the Glenbrook area.Buy annual pass