Murphys Glen campground
Glenbrook area in Blue Mountains National Park
Campground booking required
You will need to plan ahead and make a booking if you'd like to stay at this campground.
Pitch your tent at Murphys Glen campground near Woodford in Blue Mountains National Park. It's the perfect nature getaway a short way from your car.
|Number of campsites||5|
|Camping type||Tent, Camper trailer site, Don't mind a short walk to tent|
|Facilities||Barbecue facilities, toilets|
|What to bring||Drinking water, cooking water, fuel stove, firewood|
|Price||There are no camping fees at this campground but a $6 booking fee applies.|
|Bookings||Bookings are required. Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.|
When it's time to swap the noise of the city for the sounds of the bush, pack up the car and head for Blue Mountains National Park. Rustic Murphys Glen campground, only a short drive from Sydney, is the perfect getaway for independent campers who like to escape the city for a weekend.
Pitch the tent among the tall forest of blue gums and towering turpentines that surround this campsite. When you're ready to explore, a short walking track will take you through the turpentine and blue gum forests back up to Bedford Road.
As the shadows lengthen, cook up a feast around the campfire and enjoy the sounds of the local nightlife with possums, sugar gliders and bats making a delightful racket.
Take a virtual tour of Murphys Glen campground captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Bush Trackers was created to encourage children to engage with the environment in and around the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage area. This program highlights the natural and cultural splendour of the greater Blue Mountains through education initiatives and bushwalks.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Glenbrook area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
- From the first Sunday in October to the first Sunday in April: park gates are open 8.30am to 7pm.
- Rest of the year: park gates are open 8.30am to 6pm.
$8 per vehicle per day applies at the Bruce Road entrance to the Glenbrook area. You can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.Buy annual pass
Things to do (145)
- 4WD touring (4)
- Aboriginal culture (7)
- Adventure sports (14)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (17)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Canoeing/paddling (3)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (12)
- Environmental appreciation/study (7)
- Fishing (2)
- Historic heritage (12)
- Other experiences (9)
- Photography (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (18)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Sightseeing (77)
- Swimming (9)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (84)
- Waterfalls (38)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (9)