Murphys Glen campground
Glenbrook area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Murphys Glen campground.
Getting there and parking
Murphys Glen campground is in the Glenbrook area of Blue Mountains National Park.
From Sydney by car:
- Head west on the M4 and Great Western Highway
- Turn onto The Appian Way before you reach Woodford and drive across the railway bridge
- Turn right on to Railway Parade and veer left onto Bedford Road
- Continue around 2km to the gate at the national park boundary (which may be locked in wet weather and fire danger).
- From here, it’s around 3km to the carpark which has a locked gate.
- From the carpark, walk 1km past the locked gate and down the road, taking the left hand branch at the bottom.
From Woodford Station by bike:
- From the train station, exit on the south side to Railway Parade, turn left on Railway Parade.
- Turn left onto Bedford Road and ride around 2km to the gate at the national park boundary (which may be locked in wet weather and fire danger).
- From here, it's around 4km to Murhpys Glen campground. Bikes are permitted past the locked gate.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Murphys Glen campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- Most roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available 1km from Murphys Glen campground.
- Water is sometimes available at this campground. All water collected from the national park should be treated before use.
- Firewood is not provided but can be collected for use at the campground.
- We recommend you bring a fuel stove.
- Please take all your rubbish with you, there are no bins.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
For the peaceful enjoyment of all campers, generators are not used in this campground.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in the Glenbrook area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
- From the first Sunday in October to the first Sunday in April: park gates are open 8.30am to 7pm.
- Rest of the year: park gates are open 8.30am to 6pm.
$8 per vehicle per day applies at attractions in the Glenbrook area.Buy annual pass