Google Street View Trekker in NSW national parks
Working in partnership with Google, NSW National Parks has captured imagery across 36 national parks using Google Street View Trekker. You can get a bird’s-eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Read more about Google Street View Trekker in NSW national parks
NSW National Parks is the first Australian organisation to partner with Google as part of the Trekker Loan Program. Using a Google Street View trekker, we've visited 275 attractions and captured over 1300km of imagery. Some of our favourite highlights
- Perisher in Kosciuszko National Park
- Thredbo Alpine Village in Kosciuszko National Park
- Perisher Range cross-country ski trails in Kosciuszko National Park
- Waterfall walking track in Kosciuszko National Park
- Pallaibo walking track in Kosciuszko National Park
- Robertson lookout in Illawarra Escarpment State Conservation Area
- Pretty Beach to Snake Bay walking track in Murramarang National Park
- The Lookdown lookout in Bungonia National Park
- O'Hares Creek lookout in Dharawal National Park
- Pigeon House Mountain Didhul walking track in Morton National Park
- White Sands walk and Scribbly Gum track in Jervis Bay National Park
- Bullawarring walking track in Heathcote National Park
- Burrawang Reach picnic area in Georges River National Park
- The Coast track in Royal National Park
- Mount Kosciuszko Summit walk in Kosciuszko National Park
The backpack-mounted trekker has been specifically designed to go off the grid. Occasionally, trained NPWS staff took Google Trekker into ecologically sensitive areas so we could give you a peek of places you would otherwise never see. When you explore these walking tracks for yourself, remember to always to stay on marked tracks, so we can continue to protect these special places for generations to come.
Google Street View within NSW national parks was showcased on the world stage as part of the IUCN World Parks Congress 2014. Keep an eye out for the Google Street View virtual tour option when you’re exploring our attraction pages.