Kanangra-Boyd National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Kanangra-Boyd lookout.
Getting there and parking
Kanangra-Boyd lookout is in the Kanangra Walls precinct of Kanangra-Boyd National Park. To get there:
- From Oberon: Turn off the main street onto Ross Street at the National Australia Bank, then follow the signs to Jenolan Caves and Kanangra-Boyd National Park. A pleasant 25-minute drive through high country grazing land and pine plantations will take you to the park entrance. Follow this road to Kanangra Walls car park, allowing another hour from the entrance to reach the carpark. Allow a further 45 minutes to reach the lookout via a gravel road.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available, including several designated disabled spots.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Kanangra-Boyd National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A beautiful time of year to enjoy hiking and mountain biking; the temperature isn't too hot. The Kanangra Classic, a weekend of outdoor adventure, takes place at Jensens Farm near Boyd River Campground in October. The event includes mountain bike enduros, a social ride and an ultramarathon.
Take the family camping in the mountains. This is best time of year for canyoning, as well as spotting some of the park's wildlife including kangaroos, echidnas, wombats and lyrebirds.
With cold temperatures during these months, including the possibility of snow, it's best to walk and mountain bike as part of a day trip. You'll be rewarded with the yellow Kanangra wattle beginning to bloom in late winter.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
10°C and 23°C
-2ºC and 10ºC
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
You'll need to bring your own drinking water.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- People with mobility restrictions and those who use wheelchairs can still gain a good view of Kanangra Walls by parking at the carpark, travelling 500m down Lookout walking track, and stopping at the top of the stairs to admire the surrounds.
- The viewing platform for the lookout is not wheelchair accessible as it's located at the bottom of a set of stairs.
- Please take care as this is an unfenced area.
- Oberon office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6336 6200
- 38 Ross Street, Oberon NSW 2787