Kanangra-Boyd National Park
You can see for miles at Kanangra-Boyd lookout, an easily accessible viewpoint overlooking Kanangra Walls and Mount Cloudmaker.
- Kanangra-Boyd National Park
- Opening times
Kanangra-Boyd lookout is always open.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- Wombats frequent these roads, so please be careful while driving.
Bring your camera when you visit Kanangra-Boyd lookout. It offers unparalleled views across one of Australia’s most spectacular landscapes; Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area.
The unfenced lookout is a 10 minute walk down a wheelchair-accessible track from the Kanangra Walls carpark. Stop at the top of the steps and peer out over Kanangra Deep to Kanangra Walls, and in the distance, Mount Cloudmaker, which is often circled by mist. Or continue on down a short set of steps to the lookout platform for an even better view.
Remember to look up too; if you adjust your gaze skywards you may see some soaring wedge-tail eagles. On the trail to the lookout, there’s a revegetation area abundant with silver banksia, bright red mountain devils and white flowering hakeas. During spring, peer into the undergrowth where you might see the antechinus, a small, rodent-like marsupial. They breed from November to January.
Take a virtual tour of Kanangra-Boyd lookout captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
The free NSW National Parks app lets you download maps and explore parks, things to do and places to stay—all without mobile reception.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Oberon office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6336 6200
- 38 Ross Street, Oberon NSW 2787
- in Kanangra-Boyd National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and Country NSW regions
Kanangra-Boyd is always open, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.