Applies from Thu 3 Sep 2020, 3.54pm to Fri 25 Sep 2020, 3.55pm. Last reviewed: Sun 20 Sep 2020, 9.42am.
Closed areas: Areas closed for Bowen Mountain South West Hazard Reduction
Some parts of Blue Mountains National Park are closed due to hazard reduction burning from Friday 4 September to Friday 25 September 2020. The closed areas are:
- The Burralow campground precinct and associated fire trails in Blue Mountains National Park including:
- Burralow campground (from Bowen Mountain)
- Paterson Range fire trail (from Bilpin)
- Tabaraga Ridge fire trail (from Kurrajong Heights)
- Donnas track
- The Bowen Mountain south precinct and associated fire trails in Blue Mountains National Park including:
- Southern fire trail
- Bowen fire trail
- Chippers dozer line
The hazard reduction burn was conducted on Friday 4 September to Sunday 6 September 2020. Due to hazardous trees some areas remain closed. These areas will continue to be assessed regularly.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. This burn is called Bowen Mountain South West Hazard Reduction. For more information, contact the local NPWS office on 02 4720 6200 or visit the Rural Fire Service website.