Applies from Wed 25 Dec 2019, 8.07pm. Last reviewed: Wed 19 Feb 2020, 12.48pm
Closed areas: Blue Mountains National Park - closed areas
The following areas of Blue Mountains National Park remain closed due to the bushfire and/or flood damage and associated hazards:
- Kings Tableland Road from Queen Victoria Hospital to McMahons Point including Andersons fire trail and cycle route
- Wentworth Pass, National Pass and Valley of Waters tracks where floods have damaged creek crossings.
- Dardanelles Pass where landslides have destroyed the track
- Prince Henry (between Solitary Restaurant and Tarpeian Rock) and Leura Cascades track due to landslides and flood damage.
- Kedumba and Ruined Castle campgrounds
- Ruined Castle, Golden Stairs, Tarros Ladders, or Mount Solitary routes
- Rock climbing areas around the Grose and Narrowneck (all burnt sites including Bowens Creek, Bell Super-crag and Diamond Falls)
- Six Foot track remains closed between Guyvers Bridge to the Jenolan Caves (including Cox’s River, Alum River and Black Range campgrounds) due to dangerous conditions caused by the recent rainfall event that has exacerbated the recent bushfire impacts causing land slips, track erosion and tree fall.
Crown Lands contractors are busy working towards opening the currently closed sections of track before the end of the February.
- Wild Dog Mountains routes (including Kanangra to Katoomba, Breakfast Creek, Mobbs Swamp, Katoomba to Mittagong, Coxs River, Yellow Pup Spur)
- Access roads and lookouts around the Grose Valley (including Mount Hay, Victoria Falls, Hat Hill Road (Perry's) and Point Pilcher.
- Access tracks into and around the Grose Valley (including Perrys, Mount Banks, Mount Hay, Flat Top, Pierces Pass (Hungerfords), Lockleys Pylon, Victoria Falls and Rodriguez Pass.
- Perrys, Green Gully (Dunphy's) and Acacia Flat campgrounds.
- Walking tracks around Blackheath (including Walls Cave, Hanging Rock/Burramoko, Popes Glen, Cliff Top, Rodriguez Pass, Bridal Veil Falls, Braeside walk, Pulpit Rock, and Western Rim)
- Glenbrook precinct, including Euroka, Mount Portal, Jelly Bean, Blue Pool, Woodford-Oaks fire trail, Nepean lookout and fire trail, Redhands Cave and fire trail
- Canyons around Mount Wilson, Bells Line of Road and Grose Valley (including all Wollongambe, Serendipity, all Bell Creek, all DuFaurs, all Bowens Creek, Claustral, Yileen, Birrabang, Dalpura, Hat Hill, Pilcher, Katoomba Creek, Fortress and Butterbox (Mount Hay).
Lower Grose area
- Vale of Avoca lookouts, walking tracks and routes.
- Burralow campground and surrounding area.
The following areas of Blue Mountains National Park are now open:
- Katoomba, Leura and Wentworth Falls lookouts and cliff top walking tracks (where not impacted by other closures)
- Nellies Glen and Devils Hole
- Six Foot track is currently open between the Explorer’s Tree at Katoomba and Guyvers Bridge (just west of Megalong Road).
- Conservation Hut cafe
- Kedumba Valley Road to Sublime Point trail (and Sublime Point trail)
- Narrow Neck cycle route and fire trail (no walking tracks or descents open)
- Murphy's and Ingar Camping Areas - walk in access only
- Climbing and abseiling areas: Narrowneck, Malatia Point and Wall exiting east. Narrowneck unburnt areas.
- Faulconbridge Point
- Blue Gum swamp
- Grand Canyon
- Govetts Leap lookout and the Blue Mountains Heritage Information Centre, Fairfax track, Evans lookout, Braeside fire trail (not walk)
- Bells Line lookouts and roads (including Mount Banks and Pierces Pass Roads, Banks Walls cycle and lookout, Walls lookout and Rigby Hill lookout and walk).
NPWS will be progressing assessments, treating sites for tree hazards and undertaking minor repairs on damaged infrastructure over the next few months. Some tracks and sites may remain closed for longer periods where major infrastructure needs replacing.
To check which areas are closed, click the 'Show list' button on the Blue Mountains National Park page alert.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For further information call 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS).
Affects 1 park and 45 locations nearby.