Applies from Sat 9 Apr 2022, 1.03pm. Last reviewed: Wed 25 Jan 2023, 4.41pm
Closed areas: Parts of Blue Mountains National Park closed
Many walking tracks, roads and fire trails within Blue Mountains National Park remain closed following sustained wet weather causing subsidence hazards, major landslides or infrastructure upgrades.
The following areas are closed:
Katoomba and Leura
- Honeymoon Bridge is closed due to rockfall risk.
- Honeymoon lookout is closed from Thursday 19 January 2023 due to upgrade works.
- Federal Pass between Leura Forest and Dardanelles Pass junction below the Three Sisters is closed due to track maintenance.
- Lone Lyrebird track is closed between Gordon Road and the War Memorial, due to subsidence. Detour is in place.
- Lyrebird Dell walking track is closed due to track maintenance.
- Prince Henry Cliff walk is closed between Gordon Falls lookout and Olympian lookout, due to landslides. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Lady Darley track is closed due to track maintenance.
- Glenraphael Drive is closed due to major subsidence. Narrow Neck, Ruined Castle and Golden Stairs are accessible to pedestrians and cyclists from Narrow Neck lookout on Cliff Drive.
- Mount Solitary Route and Ruined Castle campground are closed due to ongoing subsidence.
- Part of Lindeman Pass is closed due to a major landslide below Gladstone lookout.
- Valley of the Waters track is closed below Sylvia Falls. There is no access to Roberts Pass, Vera Falls, Hippocrene Falls or Wentworth Falls from Valley of the Waters.
- Queen Victoria and Empress lookouts are closed from Monday 30 January for upgrades.
- Charles Darwin walk is closed where it traverses council-managed land due to upgrades. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- National Pass is closed due to landslide.
- Wentworth Pass is closed due to landslide.
- Ingar Road is closed where it traverses private property at the west end. Ingar campers must walk in via Andersons or Bedford Roads.
Blackheath, Medlow Bath, Megalong Valley, Mount Victoria and Bells Line of Road
- Govetts Leap lookout and picnic area are closed for major upgrade work (opening February 2023)
- No access to Perry's Lookdown Day Use Area from COB Wednesday 25th January 2023 until Tuesday 31st January COB to allow for helicopter operations. Parking available along Hat Hill Rd.
- No access to walkers Perry's Lookdown waking track or day use area on Tuesday 31st January 2023 to allow for helicopter operations.
- No vehicle access to Pierces Pass picnic area from Monday 16 until Friday 27 January 2023 to allow for roadworks. Parking is available at top carpark. Pierces Pass walking track remains open.
- Grose Valley and Govetts Gorge access routes are closed including Horse track, Govetts Descent and Rodriguez Pass (Bridal Veil Falls) due to landslides.
- Burra Korain Camping area remains closed due to landslides and rock falls.
- Pulpit walking track is open to Cripps lookout. Track remains closed to Pulpit Rock lookout (Govetts Leap to Cripps lookout is open). Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Perrys Lookdown campground is closed.
Woodford, Lawson, Springwood
- Empire Pass is closed for track maintenance.
- Lawson Ridge Fire Trail is closed to all vehicles including pedestrians from Monday 30th January until Friday10th February 2023 to allow for road repairs.
Canyons and rock climbing
- Climbing and canyoning areas in the Blue Mountains are open unless the access road is closed or the site is listed in this alert.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, please contact the local office.