Applies from Wed 25 Dec 2019, 8.07pm to Fri 4 Feb 2022, 12.21pm. Last reviewed: Tue 25 Jan 2022, 12.38pm.
Closed areas: Blue Mountains National Park - closed areas
Flood warning: Many creeks and rivers may be impassable after recent rains. Check conditions before walking.
The following areas of Blue Mountains National Park are closed due to bushfire or storm damage, road or track works:
Katoomba and Leura
- Kanangra to Katoomba - due to the ongoing wet season, Cox's River can flood at short notice and be impassable. Walkers should check conditions before departing.
- Prince Henry Cliff between Gordon Falls lookout and Olympian lookout, due to landslides. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Part of the Lone Lyrebird track between Gordon Road and the War Memorial due to a major washout.
- Expect minor delays to allow for track maintenance when using Castle Head walking track.
- Part of National Pass from Valley of Waters to Slacks Stairs, due to ongoing rockfall risk.
- Charles Darwin walk north of Weeping Rock circuit. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Ingar Road is closed where it traverses private property at the end of Queen Elizabeth Drive. Ingar campground is therefore closed to vehicles. Walkers and cyclists are permitted where they do not traverse private property.
Blackheath, Medlow Bath, Megalong Valley, Mount Victoria and Bells Line
- Govetts Leap descent and Rodriguez Pass to Evans lookout walking track, due to fire damage to infrastructure and landslides after storms.
- Perrys lookdown campground, due to dangerous trees.
- Walls Cave and Pulpit Rock tracks are closed due to fire and flood damage and associated repairs.
- No access to Mount Banks walking trails and picnic area due to road works. Works are scheduled to be completed by Friday 28 January 2022.
- Expect minor delays to allow for maintenance work when using Victoria Falls walking track.
- Braeside Fire Trail is 4WD accessible only due to wert weather. Braeside walking track remains open.
- Grand Canyon Road (access to Point Pilcher) closed to all traffic from Monday 24 January until COB Friday 28 January 2022 to allow for road maintenance.
- Pearces Pass and Rigby Hill Walking tracks as well as Pearces Pass Fire Trail will be closed from Monday 31st January until Friday 4th February to allow for road upgrades. No access for walkers or vehicles.
- Plan for minor delays accessing Lawson Ridge fire trail from Queens Road due to planned road repairs. Works are scheduled to be completed by Friday 4th February 2022.
Canyons and rock climbing areas
- Access to Pulpit Rock climbing area closed
- All canyons are open. Visitors should be cautious, as recent flooding may have left debris or moved rocks.
If you arrive at your local national park or other public space and it's too crowded to practise social distancing, it's your responsibility to leave the area.
To check which areas are closed, click the 'Show list' button on the Blue Mountains National Park page alert.
For further information call 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS).
Affects 11 locations in this park: