Applies from Sun 18 Apr 2021, 12.33pm to Sat 24 Apr 2021, 11.59pm. Last reviewed: Wed 21 Apr 2021, 3.58pm.
Closed areas: Royal Coast track partial closure
Parts of Royal Coast track will be closed from 6am Thursday 22 April to midnight Saturday 24 April 2021 for a large scale hazard reduction burn between Wattamolla and Marley.
The closed areas are:
- The section of Royal Coast track between Marley North Headland and Garie Beach North Headland
- Big Marley and Little Marley Beach
- Marley track including Deer Pool
- Little Marley fire trail
- Wattamolla picnic area, Beach and Lagoon
- Wattamolla Road
- Curra Moors trail and Curra Moors track
- Curracurrang, Curracurrong and Eagle Rock
Please also note:
- Garie Beach and picnic area will remain open, however there is no walking track access north, along Royal Coast track from Garie Beach.
- There will be stop/slow traffic control on Sir Bertram Stevens Drive between Bundeena Drive and Wattamolla Road whilst fire crews are working
- There will be stop/slow traffic control on Bundeena Drive between the intersection with Sir Bertram Stevens Drive and Little Marley fire trail whilst fire crews are working
- Signs will be in place around closed areas
- You can still access Wedding Cake Rock from Bundeena but cannot walk further south than Marley Headland
- You can still access Figure Eight Pools from Otford but cannot continue north past Garie Beach
- If you plan on camping at North Era or want to walk on the Royal Coast track during this time, please be aware of other coast track closures at Burning Palms (see separate alert on this page).
These closures may be extended if the track cannot be safely reopened on Sunday 25 April 2021. Please check this page closer to the date for up-to-date information on closed areas.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the Royal National Park Visitor Centre on 02 9542 0648.