Applies from Tue 19 May 2020, 4.18pm. Last reviewed: Mon 11 Jan 2021, 10.20am.
Closed areas: Malabar Headland Anzac Rifle Range
1. For public safety, the eastern section of Malabar Headland National Park is closed during ANZAC Rifle Range operations.
These closures may occur with little or no notice.
2. When is the eastern section of the park closed?
- Every Saturday from 7.30am
- Every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month
- Monday 11 January through to Sunday 17 January 2021
- Saturday 23 January to Monday 25 January 2021
- ANZAC Rifle Range is booked for shooting from Monday 11 January to Sunday 17 January 2021.
- Normal Club shooting day Saturday 16 January 2021
- The 2020 Queens Championships are scheduled to be held from Saturday 23 January to Monday 25 January 2021.
3. Do not enter the eastern section of the park (including Boora Point walking track) when:
- Red flags are flying above the range
- There are warning signs at the park's entry points (South Maroubra Beach and Fishermans Road carpark).
- Park entry gates are closed
These closures apply to the eastern section of the park only (Boora Point walking track).
The western section of the park (Western Escarpment walking track) remains open.
The range operation schedule is provided by the NSW Rifle Association.
To contact the ANZAC Rifle Range, call 02 9661 4532.
To contact the NPWS area office, call 02 9337 5511.
Affects 1 location in this park: