Applies from Mon 12 Jun 2017, 11.28am. Last reviewed: Mon 25 Mar 2019, 5.01pm.
Safety alerts: Malabar Headland Rifle Range operation schedule
1. For public safety, the eastern section of Malabar Headland National Park is closed during ANZAC Rifle Range operations.
These closures may occur with little or no notice.
2. Do not enter the eastern section of the park (including Boora Point walking track) when:
- Red flags are flying above the range
- There are warning signs at the park's entry points (South Maroubra Beach and Fishermans Road carpark)
- Park entry gates are closed.
3. When is the eastern section of the park closed?
- Every Saturday
- 1st Sunday of the month.
- 3rd Sunday of the month. However, Sunday 21 April 2019 is Easter Sunday, and there will be no shooting on that day.
- Thursday 25 April 2019 (Anzac day)
These closures apply to the eastern section of the park only (Boora Point walking track).
The western section of the park (Western Escarpment walking track) remains open.
The range operation schedule is provided by the NSW Rifle Association.
To contact the ANZAC Rifle Range, call 02 9661 4532.
To contact the NPWS area office, email the Environment line or call 02 9337 5511.
Affects 1 location in this park: