Applies from Tue 19 May 2020, 4.18pm. Last reviewed: Fri 20 Jan 2023, 3.41pm.
Closed areas: Closed areas due to rifle range operations
The eastern section of Malabar Headland National Park will be closed on the following dates/times due to rifle range operations:
- Every Saturday, 8am to 5pm
- Every 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday of the month, 8am to 5pm
- Veterans and Kings competitions will be held Monday 23 January to Sunday 29 January 2023.
- Service and Precision Rifle Championships are Saturday 11 March and Sunday 12 March 2023.
- Women on Target shooting days are Thursday 13 April to Sunday 16 April 2023.
Do not enter the eastern section of the park (including Boora Point walking track) when:
- Red flags are flying above the range
- The 'rifle range in use' warning signs are displayed at the park entry (South Maroubra Beach and Fishermans Road carpark)
- Park entry gates are closed.
The western section of the park (Western Escarpment walking track) is open when the rifle range is in use.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the local area office on 02 9337 5511 or the ANZAC Rifle Range on 02 9661 4532.
Affects 1 location in this park: