Applies from Tue 19 May 2020, 4.18pm. Last reviewed: Fri 15 Sep 2023, 11.57am.
Closed areas: Closed areas due to rifle range operations
The eastern section of Malabar Headland National Park will be closed on the following dates/times due to rifle range operations:
- Every Saturday, 8am to 5pm
- Every 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday of the month, 8am to 5pm
- Women on Target Try Shoot event, Saturday and Sunday 28 and 29 October 2023
Please note: In October there will be no shooting on Sunday 15 October 2023 (the 3rd Sunday of the month).
Do not enter the eastern section of the park (including Boora Point walking track) when:
- Red flags are flying above the range
- The 'rifle range in use' warning signs are displayed at the park entry (South Maroubra Beach and Fishermans Road carpark)
- Park entry gates are closed.
The western section of the park (Western Escarpment walking track) is open when the rifle range is in use.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the local area office on 02 9337 5511 or the ANZAC Rifle Range on 02 9661 4532.
Affects 1 location in this park: