Applies from Tue 24 Oct 2023, 10.56am to Sun 30 Jun 2024, 5.00pm. Last reviewed: Wed 21 Feb 2024, 3.00pm
Closed areas: The Coast track partial closure
Walking the full length of The Coast track from Otford to Bundeena or Bundeena to Otford is not currently possible. This is due to several track closures along its length. These closures are necessary due to erosion and rockfall risk, and to allow ongoing track upgrade works.
Please note the following closures:
- Palm Jungle Loop track between Burning Palms and Werrong lookout is closed from Tuesday 16 January 2023 to Sunday 30 June 2024 for track upgrades.
- The Garie to Little Garie section of The Coast track is closed due to hazardous rockfalls and erosion.
- North Era campground is closed until further notice
- Garie Road, Garie Beach and the Garie precinct is closed until further notice. This is due to damage and subsidence to the road surface. Walkers approaching from the north (e.g. from Wattamolla or Bundeena) should exit the track via Curra Moors track.
Bushwalker access is available for the following sections of The Coast track:
- South bound access - Bundeena to Curra Moors track via Wattamolla and return only. No access to Garie Beach.
- North bound access - Available via North Era and return only. Access is via Garawarra Farm Ridge trail and Burgh Ridge track during track upgrades.
- Figure 8 Pools access - Available via Garawarra Ridge trail and Burgh Ridge track via Garawarra Farm only.
For further information please contact the Royal National Park Visitor Centre on 02 9542 0648.
Affects 1 park and 10 locations nearby.