Applies from Sun 18 Apr 2021, 12.33pm to Fri 23 Apr 2021, 11.59pm. Last reviewed: Sun 18 Apr 2021, 1.11pm.
Closed areas: Royal Coast Track - Partial Closure between Marley Headland and Garie Beach for Hazard Reduction Burn
Areas of the Royal Coast Track will be closed from 6am Wednesday 21 to Midnight Friday 23 April for a large scale Hazard Reduction burn between Wattamolla and Marley. The closed areas are:
- The royal coast track between Marley North Headland and Garie Beach North Headland.
- Big Marley and Little Marley Beach
- Marley Track including Deer Pool.
- Little Marley Fire Trail
- Wattamolla Picnic Area, Beach and Lagoon.
- Wattamolla Road
- Curra Moors Trail and Curra Moors Track
- Curracurrang, Curracurrong and Eagle Rock
- Garie Beach and Day use area will remain open however visitors will not be able to walk north along the coast track from Garie Beach
- There will be stop/slow traffic control on Sir Bertram Stevens Drive between Bundeena Drive and Wattamolla Road whilst fire crews are working
- There will be stop/slow traffic control on Bundeena Drive between the intersection with Sir Bertram Stevens Drive and Little Marley Fire trail whilst fire crews are working
- Signs will be in place around closed areas
- Visitors can still access Wedding Cake Rock from Bundeena but they cannot walk further south than Marley Headland
- Visitors can still access Figure Eight Pools From Otford but they cannot continue north past Garie Beach
- Visitors camping at North Era or wishing to walk on the Royal Coast Track during this time also need to be aware of other coast track closures at Burning Palms - see separate notification (below)
These closures may be extended if the track cannot be safely reopened on Saturday 24 April. Please check this page closer to the date for up to date information on closed areas.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the Royal National Park Visitor Centre on 9542 0648.