Royal National Park Visitor Centre
Royal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Royal National Park Visitor Centre.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Royal National Park Visitor Centre is in the Audley precinct of Royal National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Princes Highway at Farnell Avenue
- Continue down the hill and drive across Audley Weir
- Turn right into Triangle carpark just after the weir
- Turn off Princes Highway at Waterfall train station
- Follow McKell Avenue to the end
- Turn left onto Sir Bertram Stevens Drive and follow to Audley
- Turn left into Triangle carpark just before the weir
Park entry points
- Ironbark Flat carpark See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Royal National Park Visitor Centre.
Best times to visit
Royal National Park covers a wide range of landscapes, from open grassland to ocean-fronting clifftops. It's a good idea to pack clothing suitable for all weather conditions along with water, sunscreen and a map on your visit. Royal National Park shines in all seasons, though summer and winter each offer a few special attractions.
Visit the majestic Garie Beach to surf or just relax. The beach is patrolled by surf lifesavers in summer. Plus, the panorama from Garie North Head is just amazing, so be sure to take your camera. The beach at Bundeena's Bonnie Vale is a great swimming spot, as are Jibbon, Wattamolla and Little Marley beaches. If a freshwater swim is more your thing, try Karloo Pool, Deer Pool or Curracurrang. The summer holiday information has important tips to help you plan your day to Royal National Park during the busy holiday period .
Winter is a great time to tackle the popular Coast track from Bundeena to Otford. Not only will you be greeted by spectacular coastal scenery, you can also see whales from the cliffs (June to August). Complete the walk in small sections or undertake the entire 26km over two days. Plan a visit during spring to admire the stunning heathland wildflowers on display. Head along the Coast track or the Curra Moors Loop track or walk to Wises track to see them in bloom. .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 27°C
6°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
There's a wheelchair accessible toilet adjacent to the visitor centre, which can be opened with a MLAK key.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This area is fully wheelchair-accessible.
- The visitor centre, Dance Hall Cafe and pavillion are accessible via a concrete pathway from Triangle carpark (on the southern side of the weir, adjacent to the toilet facilities).
- The Audley Dance Hall function centre is accessible from the parking area at the front of the dance hall on Sir Bertram Stevens Drive
- There's a wheelchair accessible toilet adjacent to the visitor centre, which can be opened with a MLAK key
Flying recreational drones is not permitted because this park is located within 5.5km of an airfield or helicopter landing site. The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) states that drones should not be flown within 30m of vehicles, boats, buildings or people, or within 5.5km of an airfield. Drones can also impact on public enjoyment and privacy, interfere with park operations, and may pose a threat to wildlife in some areas.
Please contact the park office for consent if you wish to fly a drone for commercial filming or photography purposes. For more information, see the Drones in Parks policy.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Seasonal ticket booths at Wattamolla and Garie Beach - cash and credit card facilities available. Please bring correct change. There's also coin and card operated pay and display machines to buy day passes.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy a pass