Applies from Tue 19 May 2020, 4.18pm. Last reviewed: Tue 17 May 2022, 3.59pm
Closed areas: Closed areas due to rifle range operations
The eastern section of Malabar Headland National Park will be closed on the following dates / times due to rifle range operations:
- Every Saturday, 8am to 5pm
- Every 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday of the month, 8am to 5pm
- Extra Sunday Shooting has been scheduled for Sunday 31 July 2022
- Schools shooting practice and competition week Monday 11 July to Friday 15 July 2022 (inclusive)
Do not enter the eastern section of the park (including Boora Point walking track) when:
- Red flags are flying above the range
- The 'rifle range in use' warning signs are displayed at the park entry (South Maroubra Beach and Fishermans Road carpark)
- Park entry gates are closed
The western section of the park (Western Escarpment walking track) is open when the rifle range is in use.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the local area office on 02 9337 5511 or the ANZAC Rifle Range on 02 9661 4532.
Affects 1 park and 1 location nearby.