Bonnie Vale picnic area
Royal National Park
For a great day of swimming, kayaking, or fishing in the waters of Port Hacking, take the family to Bonnie Vale picnic area in Royal National Park, near Bundeena.
- Picnic areas
- Royal National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
Open 6am to 8:30pm (7 days). Closed on Christmas Day.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Camping at the picnic area is prohibited and people camping or staying overnight with campervans will receive a fine. Nearby Bonnie Vale campground is closed until further notice.
For a great day of water-based fun for all the family, pack the car and make your way to Bonnie Vale picnic area. The kids will love swimming and liloing in the tranquil waters of Cabbage Tree Basin.
For more adventure, hire a kayak, a canoe, or stand-up paddleboard from Bundeena Kayaks and paddle the beautiful waterways of Port Hacking, near Bundeena. There’s also great fishing if you take a walk over to nearby Jibbon Beach.
After all that activity, relax at the picnic tables under the trees and cook up some lunch on the gas barbecues.
If you'd prefer to take public transport, the ferry from Cronulla to Bundeena is an attraction in it's own right and one of the nicest ways to get out on the water. Located just over an hour from the centre of Sydney, Bonnie Vale picnic area will make you feel like you're a world away from the busy city.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
The conservation and coastal engravings project in the Royal National Park is working to preserve one of the region’s finest expressions of Aboriginal culture: the Jibbon Headland Aboriginal engravings. A new boardwalk and viewing platform limit the foot access that was damaging the engravings, while encroaching soil and vegetation are being removed.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Seasonal ticket booths at Wattamolla and Garie Beach - cash and credit card facilities available. Please bring correct change. There's also coin and card operated pay and display machines to buy day passes.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass