Applies from Thu 27 Apr 2023, 8.48am to Fri 23 Jun 2023, 8.58am. Last reviewed: Mon 29 May 2023, 9.59am
Other planned events: Notice of 1080 aerial baiting program
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) is conducting an aerial baiting program in the following areas from Saturday 6 May 2023 to Saturday 20 May 2023:
- Towarri National Park
- Wallabadah Nature Reserve
- Woolooma National Park
- Crawney Pass National Park
- Ben Halls Gap National Park and Nature Reserve
- Camerons Gorge Nature Reserve and State Conservation Area
- Barrington Tops Natiuonal Park an State Conservation Area
- Currucabundi Group (Curracabundi National Park and State Conservation Area, Bretti Nature Reserve, Mernot Nature Reserve, Watchimbark Nature Reserve, Woko National Park, Monkeycot Nature Reserve, Coneac State Conservation Area and Camels Hump Nature Reserve).
- Copeland Tops State Conservation Area
- Berrico Nature Reserve
- The Glen Nature Reserve
- Kathambhul Nature Reserve.
The operation will use 1080 (sodium fluoroacetate) poison for the control of wild dogs and foxes.
The program is designed to minimise predator impacts on wildlife, especially threatened species, and to minimise the impact of wild dogs on neighbouring stock.
Signs will be placed at authorised public entrances to the baiting location. Domestic pets are not permitted in NSW National Parks managed lands. Pets and working dogs may be affected (1080 is lethal to cats and dogs). Pets and working dogs must be restrained or muzzled in the vicinity and must not enter the baiting location. In the event of accidental poisoning seek immediate veterinary assistance.
Please contact the local Barrington Tops NPWS area office for more information on 02 6540 2300.
Affects 4 parks nearby.