Applies from Sun 24 Nov 2019, 11.56am. Last reviewed: Tue 26 Nov 2019, 8.46am.
Closed areas: Areas closed due to bushfire activity
Some parts of this park are closed due to bushfires. Barrington Tops Plateau is closed until further notice. This includes:
- Cobark picnic area
- Devils Hole campground and picnic areas
- Polblue campground and picnic areas
- Horse Swamp campground
- Polblue Falls picnic area
- Gummi Falls campground and picnic area
- Little Murray campground
- Junction Pools campground
- Wombat Creek campground
- Black Swamp campground
- Corker trail
- Link trail
- All roads and walking tracks south of Barrington Tops Forest Road to Careys Peak, including Barrington trail
- All trails north of Barrington Tops Forest Road, except Tubrabucca and Pheasant Creek Roads
Through access between Scone and Gloucester is still possible along Barrington Tops Forest Road. Motorists are advised to be vigilant of bushfires in the area. Do not enter the closed areas. Penalties apply for non-compliance. This fire is called Polblue Ridge.
For more information, contact the local NPWS office or visit the Rural Fire Service website.