Applies from Thu 19 Dec 2019, 10.30am. Last reviewed: Thu 16 Jan 2020, 2.48pm.
Closed areas: Barrington Tops National Park - areas closed due to fire
The following areas, including the neighbouring state forests, are closed due to bushfires and fire danger:
- Blue Gum Loop walk
- Williams River
- Rocky Crossing
- Jerusalem Creek
- Cobark picnic area
- Devils Hole campground and picnic areas
- Polblue campground and picnic areas
- Horse Swamp campground
- Polblue Falls picnic area
- Gummi Falls campground
- Gummi picnic area
- Little Murray campground
- Junction Pools campground
- Wombat Creek campground
- Black Swamp campground
- Corker trail
- Link trail
- Gloucester Tops - including Gloucester Tops picnic area, Gloucester Falls walk, Antartic Beech walk and River walk
- All roads and walking tracks south of Barrington Tops Forest Road to Careys Peak, including Barrington trail
- All trails north of Barrington Tops Forest Road, except Tubrabucca and Pheasant Creek Roads
Do not enter these areas. Penalties apply for non-compliance.
These areas will be closed until further notice, reviewed on a weekly basis.
Through access between Scone and Gloucester is still possible along Barrington Tops Forest Road. Motorists are advised to be vigilant about bushfires in the area.
For further information, please call the local NSW National Parks Gloucester office on 02 6538 5300 or Scone office on 02 6540 2300.