Applies from Mon 5 Dec 2022, 9.49am to Tue 28 Feb 2023, 9.50am. Last reviewed: Mon 5 Dec 2022, 9.58am
Closed areas: Closed areas
Coolah Tops National Park has experienced above-average rainfall causing the following creek crossings along the following roads to rise:
Hildegard Road between Pines Campground and Brackens Hut
Pinnacle Road between Barracks Campground and Bundella Lookout.
It's advised to approach these creeks with caution and use a 4WD / vehicle with plenty of ground clearance.
Barracks Campground., Cox's Creek Campground, Pines Campground, Norfolk Falls Picnic Area and the Grass Trees Track are still accessible by 2WD.
The following areas are also closed due to ongoing wet weather:
- Norfolk Falls Link track is closed between Bald Hill Falls and Norfolk Falls
- Bald Hill Road is closed due to a damaged creek crossing. Restoration works will take place when conditions allow.
- Parts of Pines campground - the campground areas in the eastern section under the pine trees.
- Bundar Management fire trail
- Forest Road is closed beyond the seasonal gate. This road normally takes you to the eastern side of the park.
- Grass Trees track entrance via Barracks campground due to track damage
- Breeza lookout
- Snow Gums walking track
Please continue to check this website for updates about areas that are opening.
Forest Road between Coolah Creek Road and the entrance of Coolah Tops National Park has been heavily affected by rain resulting in damage to sections of the road.
Forest Road is managed and maintained by the Warrumbungles Shire Council. Please refer any inquiries concerning this road directly to the council.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact Pilliga Discovery Centre in Baradine at 02 6843 4011
Affects 1 park and 5 locations nearby.