Applies from Sat 9 Apr 2022, 1.03pm. Last reviewed: Fri 3 Feb 2023, 10.03am.
Closed areas: Parts of Blue Mountains National Park closed
Many walking tracks, roads and fire trails within Blue Mountains National Park remain closed following sustained wet weather causing subsidence hazards, major landslides or infrastructure upgrades.
The following areas are closed:
Katoomba and Leura
- Honeymoon Bridge is closed due to rockfall risk.
- Honeymoon lookout is closed from Thursday 19 January 2023 due to upgrade works.
- Federal Pass between Leura Cascades and Dardanelles Pass junction below the Three Sisters is closed due to track maintenance.
- Fern Bower, Leura Forest and Dardanelles Pass tracks are closed due to track maintenance from Wednesday 1 February to Friday 3 February;
- Pool of Siloam walking track is closed Wednesday 1 to Friday 3 February for a helicopter operation.
- Gordon Falls walking track and lookout and Golf Links lookout are closed Wednesday 1 to Friday 3 February for a helicopter operation.
- Lone Lyrebird track is closed between Gordon Road and the War Memorial, due to subsidence. Detour is in place.
- Lyrebird Dell walking track is closed due to track maintenance.
- Prince Henry Cliff walk is closed between Cliff View lookout and Echo Point from Monday 6 February for upgrade works.
- Prince Henry Cliff Walk between Tallawalla Lookout and Solitary Restaurant closed Wednesday 1 February to Friday 2 February
- Prince Henry Cliff walk is closed between Gordon Falls lookout and Olympian lookout, due to landslides. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Lady Darley track is closed due to track maintenance.
- Glenraphael Drive is closed due to major subsidence. Narrow Neck, Ruined Castle and Golden Stairs are accessible to pedestrians and cyclists from Narrow Neck lookout on Cliff Drive.
- Mount Solitary Route and Ruined Castle campground are closed due to subsidence.
- Part of Lindeman Pass is closed due to a major landslide below Gladstone lookout.
- Valley of the Waters track is closed below Sylvia Falls. There is no access to Roberts Pass, Vera Falls, Hippocrene Falls or Wentworth Falls from Valley of the Waters.
- Queen Victoria and Empress lookouts are closed from Monday 30 January for upgrades.
- Charles Darwin walk is closed where it traverses council-managed land due to upgrades. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- National Pass is closed due to landslide.
- Wentworth Pass is closed due to landslide.
- Ingar Road is closed where it traverses private property at the western end. Ingar campers must walk in via Andersons or Bedford Roads.
- The track connecting the Rocket Point Loop to Chester and Little Switzerland Trails will be closed from 0800 Wed 8-2-2023 to 17-2-2023 due to track works.
Blackheath, Mount Victoria and Bells Line of Road
- Victoria Falls walking track and day use area will be closed on Friday 0th February 2023 to allow for helicopter operations.
- Govetts Leap lookout and picnic area are closed for major upgrade work (opening March 2023).
- Govetts Creek access routes are closed including Horse track, Govetts Leap Descent and Rodriguez Pass (Bridal Veil Falls) due to landslides.
- Pulpit walking track is open to Cripps lookout. Track remains closed to Pulpit Rock lookout (Govetts Leap to Cripps lookout is open). Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for further information.
- Pulpit Rock Track and Popes Glen track to Boyds Beach from Govettts Leap will be closed on Friday 10th February 2023 to allow for helicopter operations.
- Perrys Lookdown campground is closed.
Woodford, Lawson, Springwood
- Empire Pass is closed for track maintenance.
- Lawson Ridge Fire Trail is closed to all vehicles including pedestrians from Monday 30th January until Friday10th February 2023 to allow for road repairs.
Canyons and rock climbing
- Climbing and canyoning areas in the Blue Mountains are open unless the access road is closed or the site is listed in this alert.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, please contact the local office.
Affects 25 locations in this park: