Applies from Fri 30 Jun 2023, 1.00pm to Sat 30 Dec 2023, 1.00pm. Last reviewed: Fri 1 Dec 2023, 6.06pm
Closed areas: Closed areas due to flood damage
The following areas are open:
- Minyon Grass Day Use Area
- Minyon Drive
- Minyon Falls walking track from Minyon Grass Day Use Area to base of falls only
- Pholis Walking track
- Historic Nightcap walking track
- Whian Whian mountain bike trails
- Protestors Falls walking track
- Terania Creek picnic area
The following walking tracks and areas are closed until Friday 29 December 2023 due to flood damage:
- Minyon Falls walking track from lookout to base of falls
These closures may be extended and any extension will be posted as soon as possible.
Alternative walking options in the area include:
- Big Scrub loop and Rocky Creek Dam walk, accessible from Rocky Creek Dam picnic area
- Mount Matheson loop accessible from Newton Drive.
Please drive with care as local roads leading to the park still have considerable flood damage. There are large pot holes, wash out and some narrow, single lane sections.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the NPWS Alstonville office on 02 6627 0200.
Affects 2 parks and 6 locations nearby.