Applies from Fri 25 Mar 2022, 2.25pm to Fri 30 Jun 2023, 10.30am. Last reviewed: Wed 23 Nov 2022, 10.22am.
Closed areas: Closed tracks due to flood damage
The following walking tracks and areas are closed until Friday 30 June 2023 due to flood damage:
- Minyon falls walking track
- Minyon Grass picnic area
- Protestors Falls walking track
- Terania Creek picnic area
- Historic Nightcap track
- Pholis Gap walking track
Whian Whian mountain bike trails will remain closed until Saturday 15 December 2022.
The Minyon Drive access road is open.
These closures may be extended and any extension will be posted as soon as possible.
Alternative walking options in the area include:
- Big Scrub loop and Rocky Creek Dam walk, accessible from Rocky Creek Dam picnic area
- Mount Matheson loop accessible from Newton Drive.
Please drive with care as local roads leading to the park still have considerable flood damage. There are large pot holes, wash out and some narrow, single lane sections.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the NPWS Alstonville office on 02 6627 0200.