Applies from Tue 16 Apr 2019, 1.27pm to Sun 26 May 2019, 1.27pm. Last reviewed: Wed 22 May 2019, 11.01am.
Other planned events: Port to Port mountain bike event
Expect large numbers of mountain bike riders on main roads in Watagans National Park and Jilliby State Conservation Area on Saturday 25 May 2019. From 8.30am to 4.30pm, be prepared to encounter riders and other support vehicles that are part of a mountain bike event.
Be wary, drive safely and be aware of road conditions. Roads in both parks are narrow in places so take care.
- Starts from the State Forest mountain bike track on Mount Faulk Road
- Proceeds north, uphill along Mount Faulk Road to the intersection of Watagan Forest Road
- Continues left along this main road, past Boarding House Dam into Jilliby State Conservation Area, then into Olney State Forest
- Turns left downhill along Prickly Ridge Road, past Muirs lookout
- Then turns left into Cut Rock Road, where riders leave the park and head into private property
For more information, call the NPWS Lake Munmorah office on 02 4972 9000.