Applies from Sat 1 Oct 2022, 10.25am. Last reviewed: Tue 15 Nov 2022, 12.42pm.
Safety alerts: Worimi Conservation Lands - Drive with care
Due to current conditions, please drive with caution on Worimi Conservation Lands between Gan Gan entry/exit and Lavis Lane entry/exit along the beach front at high tide.
- Look out for soft sand, erosion, wash outs and drop-offs
- For safety, avoid driving through sea water or large pools of water. Driving conditions can change rapidly. Several vehicles on this beach have ended up in the ocean or swamped by water
- If in doubt turn around and back track on the route you’ve driven to exit the park
- Check tides, forecast conditions and warnings before arriving, and if in doubt save your visit for another day
- Do not drive over the frontal dune or any vegetation. Fines apply
NPWS staff will monitor conditions.
For more information contact the NPWS Nelson Bay area office on 02 4984 8200, 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the local NPWS office.