Applies from Fri 25 Mar 2022, 2.25pm to Fri 30 Sep 2022, 10.30am. Last reviewed: Thu 26 May 2022, 10.46am.
Closed areas: Nightcap National Park partially closed
Nightcap National Park and Whian Whian State Conservation Area are open with some closed areas and facilities due to flood damage sustained in the recent floods and impacts of ongoing wet weather. This alert will be updated on Monday 6 June.
The following areas are now open and accessible via Newton Drive or Nightcap Range Road:
- Peate's Mountain track
- Mount Nardi trail head
- Mount Matheson loop
- Rummery Park campground (only accessible via Nightcap Range Road)
- Big Scrub loop walk (access via Rocky Creek Dam picnic area only)
- Rocky Creek Dam walk (access via Rocky Creek Dam picnic area only)
The following areas will re-open on Monday 6 June 2022 and will only accessible via Nightcap Range Road:
- Minyon Falls picnic area and lookout
- Boggy Creek walk
The following areas remain closed until further notice:
- Minyon Drive access road
- Minyon Grass picnic area
- Minyon loop walking track
- Protestors Falls walking track
- Terania Creek picnic area
- Historic Nightcap track
- Pholis Gap walking track
- Whian Whian mountain bike trails
Note Minyon Drive access road is closed until 1 July 2022 due to road repair works. All visitors are to use either Nightcap Range Road or Newton Drive.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the NPWS Alstonville office on 02 6627 0200.