Goorgana walking track
Nightcap National Park
Goorgana walking track is ideal for experienced bushwalkers keen to tackle the challenging iconic peaks in Nightcap National Park.
- Nightcap National Park
- 18km return
- Time suggested
- 12hrs - 1 day
- Grade 5
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- It’s advised to avoid the hotter months over summer and be mindful of shorter daylight hours in winter when planning your walk.
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching
Exhilarating Goorgana walking track will, quite literally, take the most experienced mountain hikers to new levels. Taking in some of the most iconic peaks in the rugged western terrain in Nightcap National Park, this steep, challenging track is definitely not for the faint-hearted.
This unmarked track leads from the lookout along Pholis Gap walking track and is best-suited to small groups of highly-skilled bushwalkers who can confidently navigate without directional signage. Taking in Mount Nardi, there are spectacular views to Wollumbin-Mount Warning in the north.
Goorgana walking track has overgrown patches, a maze of old logging tracks, and steep slopes which will challenge even the most skilled walkers. This World Heritage rainforest is teeming with wildlife for you to see, including peregrine falcons, long-nosed potoroos and pademelons.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- Alstonville office
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed for lunch, 12pm to 1pm.
- 02 6627 0200
- Russelton Industrial Estate, 7 Northcott Crescent, Alstonville NSW 2477
- in Nightcap National Park in the North Coast region
Nightcap National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.