Pholis Gap walking track
Nightcap National Park
Pholis Gap walking track is perfect if you’re looking for spectacular views across to Wollumbin-Mount Warning and the dramatic mountains of the Nightcap escarpment.
- 4km return
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min - 2hrs
- Grade 3
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
Situated in northern NSW, this moderate walking track offers spectacular mountain scenery, and is ideal for families and keen birdwatchers.
Starting at Mount Nardi, the track meanders through lush rainforest of yellow carabeen and towering brushbox. You might see Albert’s lyrebirds and brush turkeys darting through the understorey. Descending westwards, look for grass trees and New England blackbutt along the drier ridges.
Reaching Pholis Gap, gaze across the surrounding valleys that were once a part of a volcanic crater. Looking to the skies, you might be lucky to see a peregrine falcon surfing on the updrafts.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Alstonville office
- Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
- 02 6627 0200
- Russelton Industrial Estate, 7 Northcott Crescent, Alstonville NSW 2477
- in Nightcap National Park in the North Coast region
Nightcap National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather, fire danger or management operations.