Applies from Fri 25 Mar 2022, 2.25pm. Last reviewed: Wed 18 May 2022, 9.39am.
Closed areas: Nightcap National Park partially re-opened
Nightcap National Park and Whian Whian State Conservation Area have been partially re-opened, including Rummery Park campground. Many areas remain closed until further notice due to flood damage sustained in the recent floods and impacts of ongoing wet weather.
The following areas will remain closed until further notice:
- Minyon Drive access road
- Minyon Grass picnic area
- Minyon loop walking track
- Boggy Creek walk
- Protestors Falls walking track
- Terania Creek picnic area
- Historic Nightcap track
- Pholis Gap walking track
- Whian Whian mountain bike trails
The following areas are now open:
- Peate's Mountain track
- Newton Drive
- Mount Nardi picnic area
- Mount Matheson loop
- Nightcap Range Road
- Rummery Park campground (only accessible via Nightcap Range Road)
- Big Scrub loop walk (access via Rocky Creek Dam picnic area only)
- Rocky Creek Dam walk (access via Rocky Creek Dam picnic area only)
Minyon Falls picnic area is planned to re-open from Monday 30 May 2022 but this may be extended. This alert will be updated on Friday 27 May to confirm re-opening or extension of closure.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the NPWS Alstonville office on 02 6627 0200.