Pholis Gap walking track
Nightcap National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Pholis Gap walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Pholis Gap walking track is in the western precinct of Nightcap National Park. To get there:
- Take Sibley Street and drive past Nimbin Bowling Club
- Turn onto Gungas Street, continue for 1.5km, then turn right onto Tuntable Falls Road (signposted ‘Mount Nardi’).
- Travel a further 4.2km past the Upper Tuntable Falls Road intersection
- The road turns onto Newton Drive. Continue for approximately 4.8km to Nightcap National Park entrance, and then another 1km to Mount Nardi carpark.
Parking is available at Mount Nardi carpark.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Nightcap National Park. Here are some of the highlights: Weather in the northern rivers region is generally mild in winter ranging to hot in summer. It can be very wet (the park receives the highest annual rainfall in NSW) and misty so check local weather conditions and pack suitable clothes as well as a hat, sunscreen and insect repellent.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 29°C
6°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
- Alstonville office
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed for lunch, 12pm to 1pm.
- 02 6627 0200
- Russelton Industrial Estate, 7 Northcott Crescent, Alstonville NSW 2477