Applies from Sat 17 Oct 2020, 10.59pm. Last reviewed: Fri 22 Sep 2023, 5.27pm.
Closed areas: North Head partial closure
Some parts of North Head in Sydney Harbour National Park are closed due to fire damage and geological instability. The closed areas include:
- Bluefish Point
- Wastewater Treatment Plant emergency access road
The following areas, and the bushland surrounding them, are also closed due to steep and unstable ground:
- Old Man's Hat
- Cannae Point
- Quarantine Head
Do not enter the closed areas.
Open areas include:
- Q Station
- North Head Sanctuary and Bella Vista Cafe (entry via North Fort)
- The track between Shelly Beach and Bluefish Drive
- Bluefish Drive to the Avenue of Honour
- Collins Flat Beach
- Fairfax track
- Burragula and Yiningma lookouts
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, please contact the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757 or Sydney North area office on 02 9451 3479 between 9.30am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.