Applies from Tue 31 Mar 2020, 12.00pm. Last reviewed: Thu 1 Sep 2022, 5.53pm.
Closed areas: Closed areas in Kosciuszko National Park
A number of sites in Kosciuszko National Park are closed or may have other restrictions until further notice.
The following roads are closed for winter:
- Cabramurra to Khancoban Road (KNP 5/Swampy Plain Creek Road)
- Kings Cross Road
- Long Plain Road
- Pockets Saddle Road
- Boundary Road
- Geehi Dam Road / Olsens Road
- Behrs Flat fire trail
- Major Clews trail
- Geehi Walls trail
- Broken Cart trail
- Bullocks Hill trail
- Four MiletTrail
- Goobragandara Powerline Road
- Cumberland trail
- Greg Greg fire trail
- Yellow bog rd
- Manjar fire trail
Campgrounds closed for the winter period include:
- Behrs Flat campground
- Old Geehi campground
- Campgrounds in the High Plains, Tantangra, Long Plain and Blue Water Holes areas.
Some sections of Kosciuszko National Park which burnt during the 2019/2020 fires remain closed. These areas include:
- Selwyn Snow Resort
- Kiandra Court House
- Wolgal Hut
- Pattinson's Hut and Matthew's Cottage
- Cabramurra township
- Selwyn Snow Resort is being rebuilt following fire damage, and is currently a construction site. For your safety, public access to this area is strictly prohibited and all signage in this area must be followed.
Huts that burnt down in the 2020 fires. The location is open but there is no hut/building:
- Bradley/O'Briens Hut, Brooks Hut, Delaneys Hut, 4 Mile Hut, Happy's Hut, Harveys Hut, Linesman's No.3 Huts, Round Mountain Hut, Sawyers Hut, Vickeries Hut and Dry Dam Ski Shelter.
- Please take care as there may be broken glass/nails that are uncovered since NPWS made records and cleaned up site.
- Please do not disturb site or remove artefacts.
Tantangara Road and Tantangara Dam access - Snowy 2.0 works:
- Access to the southern end of Tantangara Reservoir via Quarry trail is closed to the public.
- Access to the southern end boat ramp is open but may be subject to short-term closures.
- Current boating and camping access to Tantangara Reservoir will still be available at access points on the northern end of the reservoir, via Port Phillip and Dam trails.
Do not enter closed areas in Kosciuszko National Park. Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the local NPWS office.