Applies from Tue 31 Mar 2020, 12.00pm. Last reviewed: Wed 7 Jun 2023, 1.59pm
Closed areas: Kosciuszko National Park closed sites
A number of sites in Kosciuszko National Park are closed or may have other restrictions until further notice.
Post-winter closures due to wet weather trail conditions
The following roads and trails are closed until further notice:
- Geehi Dam/Olsens Road
- Grassy Flat Trail
Detour due to construction works
- Kings Cross Road and Tumut Ponds Fire Trail are accessible only via Snow Ridge Road near Cabramurra.
Some sections of Kosciuszko National Park which burnt during the 2019/2020 fires remain closed. These areas include:
- Wolgal and Pattinson's Huts
- Cabramurra township
Huts that burnt down in the 2020 fires
These locations remain is open but the following huts or buildings have been lost:
- Bradley/O'Briens Hut, Brooks Hut, 4 Mile Hut, Happy's Hut, Harvey's Hut, Linesman's No.3 Huts, Round Mountain Hut, Vickery's Hut and Dry Dam Ski Shelter.
- Warning: Please take care as there may be broken glass/nails that are uncovered since NPWS made records and cleaned up these sites. Please do not disturb the sites or remove artefacts.
Snowy 2.0 works affecting access to Tantangara Road and Tantangara Dam
- Access to the southern end of Tantangara Reservoir via Quarry trail is closed to the public.
- Access to the southern end boat ramp is open, but may be subject to short-term closures.
- Current boating and camping access to Tantangara Reservoir will still be available at access points on the northern end of the reservoir, via Port Phillip and Dam trails.
Do not enter closed areas in Kosciuszko National Park. Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the local NPWS office.
Affects 1 park and 6 locations nearby. Show list
Applies from Tue 30 May 2023, 9.01am to Fri 16 Jun 2023, 5.00pm. Last reviewed: Tue 30 May 2023, 11.50am
Closed areas: Southern section of Kosciuszko National Park and Clarkes Hill Nature Reserve closed for aerial pest control operation
The Southern section of Kosciuszko National Park and Clareks Hill Nature Reserve will be closed from 8am Monday 12 June 2023 till 5pm Friday 16 June 2023 for an aerial pest control operation.
The closed areas are:
- Clover Flat campground
- Yellow Bog area
- Spring Creek area
- Greg Greg area
- Clarkes Hill Nature Reserve
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the Khancoban park office on 02 60708400.
Affects 2 parks and 5 locations nearby. Show list
Applies from Mon 1 May 2023, 10.00am to Wed 1 Nov 2023, 11.00am. Last reviewed: Tue 6 Jun 2023, 7.11am
Other planned events: Ongoing 1080 baiting program
A baiting program using meat baits and canid pest ejectors containing 1080 (sodium fluoroacetate) poison will be conducted from Monday 1 May 2023 until Wednesday 1 November 2023 in the following parks:
- Bogandyera Nature Reserve
- Jingellic Nature Reserve
- Clarkes Hill Nature Reserve
- Kosciuszko National Park (Southern Precinct)
Affected areas of the southern precinct of Kosciuszko National Park include:
- Geehi Walls and Major Clews trails
- Indi and Tiger trails
- The Khancoban/Cabramurra Road
- Yellow Bog Road
- Greg Greg trail
- Tooma River trail
- Everards trail
- Spring Flat Creek trail
Entry into baiting locations will be identified by signs.
Domestic pets are not permitted in NSW national parks and reserves. Pets and working dogs may be affected (1080 is lethal to cats and dogs). Pets and working dogs must be restrained or muzzled in the vicinity and must not enter the baiting location. In the event of accidental poisoning seek immediate veterinary assistance.
For further information, please contact the NPWS Upper Murray area office on 02 6070 8400.
Affects 2 parks nearby. Show list
Applies from Mon 25 Feb 2019, 9.07am to Sat 1 Feb 2025, 12.40pm. Last reviewed: Mon 27 Feb 2023, 8.29am
Closed areas: Closed areas due to Snowy 2.0 works
The following areas are closed due to the Snowy 2.0 works from Monday 25 February 2019 until early 2025, unless the closure is extended or removed:
- Lobs Hole Ravine Road 4wd trail
- Wallace Creek lookout
- Lobs Hole Ravine campground
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, please call the NPWS Tumut area office on 02 6947 7000 or visit the NSW National Parks safety page for park safety guidelines.
Affects 1 park nearby. Show list