Applies from Mon 23 Mar 2020, 12.00am to Thu 9 Apr 2020, 6.00pm. Last reviewed: Fri 3 Apr 2020, 4.34pm.
Closed areas: Areas closed - aerial pest control program
Some areas of this park are closed between Monday 30 March and Friday 9 April 2020 due to an aerial pest control operation targeting deer and pigs. The closed areas are:
- Rennix walk
- Rainbow Lake walk
- Porcupine track
- Waterfall walk
- Illawong walk
- The Main Range - Dicky Cooper Bogong south along Rolling Ground to Mt Anton
- Ramshead Range - Merrits Creek east to Sawpit Creek
- Mount Guthrie east to Mount Paralyser
- The area east of Guthega Link Road, eastwards to Diggers Creek
- The area east of Diggers Creek (Guthega Road) and north of Kosciuszko Road, eastwards towards Jindabyne Pumping Station
- Jagungal Wilderness area. Snowy Plain and areas west of Lake Eucumbene. These areas are still open for day visitors.
Main Range walk has re-opened and Summit walk, Summit trail and Kosciuszko walk will remain open.
This operation is part of a 3 year plan to reduce impacts of deer and pigs on high conservation areas. These include the montane bogs and fens threatened ecological community. Other feral animals such as foxes, goats, and wild dogs will also be targeted during this program. Aerial shooting is not used to control horses in NSW national parks, and therefore horses will not be targeted as part of this program.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. This closure may be extended if weather conditions cause delays. Any extension will be posted as soon as possible. For more information call 02 6450 5600.