Applies from Tue 22 Sep 2020, 7.00am to Fri 18 Dec 2020, 6.00pm. Last reviewed: Tue 22 Sep 2020, 3.19pm.
Closed areas: Thredbo Valley track closures
Thredbo Valley track is currently open for use between Bullocks Flat and Thredbo Diggings campground only.
The following areas are closed due to fallen trees and suspended tree hazards above the track following recent storm events:
- Thredbo Valley track between Thredbo Resort and Thredbo Diggings campground
- Thredbo Valley track between Bullocks Flat and Gaden Trout Hatchery
- Muzzlewood track and
- Bullocks Walking track
The following areas will remain closed until Saturday 19 December 2020 for upgrade works that are planned to increase the sustainability, safety and durability of the track:
- Thredbo Valley track between Bullocks Flat and Gaden Trout Hatchery, with works starting Monday 28 September 2020
- Thredbo Valley track between Thredbo Resort and Ngarigo campground
- Bullocks Hut precinct, with works starting Monday 12 October 2020
Access from Thredbo Valley track to Skitube Carpark D will remain, with detours in place through the Skitube carpark for access to and from Lake Crackenback when work begins in the Bullocks Hut precinct.
These closures may be extended and any extension will be posted as soon as possible. Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, call the NPWS Jindabyne area office on 02 6450 5600 or visit the NSW National Parks safety page for park safety guidelines.